This job might no longer be available.
Integration Artist (contract) - VALORANT
14 days ago
As an Integration Artist at Riot, you will support the art and outsource team in the production pipeline. This is both an artistic and technically oriented art position. Working as an Integration Artist requires a combination of art and design sensibilities, technical knowledge related to the game dev environment, and a high degree of communication and collaboration. As a member of the team, you will help your fellow team members to continue to meet and raise the quality bar at the studio.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here! ). As an Integration Artist on the VALORANT team, you will assist in the production of Premium Content for Riot’s brand new title. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you work with diverse teams to help build foundational ideas and concepts for VALORANT’s upcoming 3D content. You will work collaboratively with designers, writers, and producers to bring new worlds to life. You will report to the Asset Art Lead.
- Ensure assets are properly imported to Unreal and working as expected
- Diagnose the integration issues and correct the integration mistakes made by external partners
- Create, collect, and maintain documentation to help artists and vendors better understand the art pipeline
- Work with the Art Outsource Supervisors in reviewing work from external partner
- Assist in making minor art adjustments based off of feedback from OS Supervisors or Art Leads
- Work with QA and Art Teams to understand any bugs related to content, and work with the team to fix them
- Work with the Store team to ensure all assets appear correctly in the client
- Collaborate with other artists in various sub-disciplines as needed
- Experience working with Maya and Substance Painter, and Unreal 4
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and directly contribute to all aspects of the art/creative process
- Experience working and collaborating with with developers in various disciplines
- Comfortable with handling large volume of assets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in one or more related disciplines - art, animation, technical art, visual effects
- Experiencing working on a AAA game title
- Experience working with external partners . Familiar with the basic outsource workflow.
- Experience with basic scripting languages such as Python, Mel, or Unreal Blueprints.