Integration Artist- 12 mo contract (Apex Legends)
5 days ago
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise. We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order and virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond , and we are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends .
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for an Integration Artist with exceptional communication skills and an enthusiasm for game art. You will work closely with our department art directors, leads, and artists within Respawn's External Development Department to develop and employ efficient working practices ensuring that all Apex art content meets the high quality bar Respawn is known for. Additionally, you will continually look for the most efficient ways to empower the internal artist on our team, and our external partners, to deliver large volumes of content within our tight production schedule constraints.
What you will do...
- Conduct internal QA on the asset source files from the external partners. Ensure assets are implemented with correct file structures, hierarchy, naming and meet all other the tech requirements.
- Ensure 2D and 3D assets are properly imported into the project engine and working as expected.
- Diagnose the integration issues and correct the integration mistakes made by external partners.
- Understand existing art style and apply model and texture revisions on work from external partners to match set style.
- Help internal art team organize the assets in both the repository and in engine.
- Potentially work with the department leads/artists in reviewing work from external partners.
- Optimize asset integration workflow with department leads and art team.
Ideally, you will have...
- +1.5 years of experience in video game development.
- Exceptional ability in integrating assets in game engine.
- Extensive experience in running 3D asset QA.
- Extensive working experience in industry standard software like Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer and Photoshop.
- Experience in integrating all kinds of 3D assets including characters and environment props.
- Strong ability to execute asset integration.
- Strong understanding of PBR texture pipeline and vertex color.
- Comfortable with handling a large volume of assets.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understand the Art Style of a game and be able to implement that style on existing assets.
- Passion for making and playing games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $37 - $55
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $34 - $55
• New Jersey (depending on location e.g. Jersey City vs. Trenton):
º $34 - $55
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $34 - $50
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $34 - $50