Instructional Development Specialist
13 days ago
Job Title:Instructional Development Specialist
Instructional Development Specialist
Job Title: Instructional Development Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Location: Santa Monica, Ca
You’ll partner with company, studio and business unit executives, subject matter authorities, in addition to industry-leading external partners, to build innovative curriculum that can be scaled globally but activated locally within business teams. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with targeted team member groups across multiple brands and studios. You will partner with peers to customize centrally managed content to meet local team’s individual development needs. The ideal candidate will be able to optimally lead a team passionate about driving a sophisticated, multi-tiered curriculum strategy centered in adult learning theory & practice and experiential, iterative design, while balancing providing best-in-class learning solutions at scale!
- Align to the needs and scale of targeted employee populations, including (but not limited to) our quality assurance teams, game development studios, engineering teams and supporting business teams across Activision, Blizzard and King globally.
- Partner with the Director of Core Programs and quality insurance design team to ensure curriculum aligns with the overarching L&D and business strategy / objectives.
- Work with internal partners (i.e., QA Leadership team, HR teams, talent teams, people analytics, tech teams, etc.) to deliver outstanding, new to role and cross-functional training experiences across the enterprise.
- Develop content using industry leading tools like Articulate Rise, Storyline or Captivate.
- Support various global privacy projects to bring into compliance with new privacy laws and regulation different parts of the business, including games and marketing
- Basic graphic design capabilities including authoring and creating logos, iconography, basic branding, visual templates etc.
- Basic web design or CMS experience capabilities including basic curation in SABA or learning experience applications.
- In partnership with selected vendors, design and deploy learning and development curriculum, leading the development of blended learning options to support. independent, classroom, and team-based findings.
- Identify and secure Learning and Development vendor partners responsible for delivering programs. Additionally support partner performance and attainment of contracted goals and outcomes in alignment with business team needs.
- Develop learning program curriculum assets, leading the creation of interactive learning experiences grounded in the full ADDIE lifecycle.
- Partner with our global learning and development team, create a suite of leadership focused, blended learning experiences focused on specific business unit needs.
Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2+ years professional experience actively designing or developing corporate or higher education learning curriculum
- Use the Adobe Creative Suite to build learning/graphic assets
- Proficient with current e-learning development software including Articulate Storyline, Rise 360 and/or Captivate
- Create and assemble light, bite-sized video, specifically in processes step documentation and leadership testimonials.
- Authority in adult learning/measurement modalities and theory (ADDIE, experiential design, Kirkpatrick etc.)
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced work environment while completing multiple priorities
- A bias toward action and creative problem solving
- Consistent track record to work in ambiguous situations and across interpersonal boundaries
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Excel), e-learning software development (Captivate, Storyline)
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and/or Learning Experience Platforms
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more significant. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we champion purpose and a sense of accomplishment through balanced competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating diversity is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of a diverse set of backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.