11 days ago
Job Title - Insights Researcher
Reports Into - Insights Manager
Location - Remote/Anywhere
A Little Bit About Kwalee… .
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security, and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade, and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As an Insights Researcher, you’ll be planning and carrying out player research to help guide our games.
Your Team Mates
The Casual Games team is a global crew whose passion for our products drive us to craft first-class gaming experiences the best we can. This goes double for gameplay, aesthetics, and marketing. We're entrepreneurial in spirit and have a collaborative mindset, so your voice is always heard.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Plan and conduct market and user research activities for stakeholders across the company.
- Manage relationships with key products stakeholders, creating a research roadmap to run alongside product development
- Plan and suggest research to support product development, all the way through the product lifecycle, from idea to hard launch and beyond
- Identify research opportunities that will impact player understanding, product design, and quality
- Use a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies to answer the questions proposed by stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Digital Marketing to support broader analytics and insights work that drive business impact
Your Hard Skills
- 3+ years of relevant job experience working in areas of consumer research
- Experience in the interactive entertainment industry (e.g., video/mobile gaming, video/entertainment platforms)
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Excellent survey writing skills
- Experience in data manipulation and statistical software (e.g., SPSS, R/Python or any other)
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Degree in psychology, HCI, social sciences, or a related field
- Effective written, storytelling, verbal, and presentation skills;
- Fluent in English
- A passion for gaming
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colors, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders, and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore, and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines, and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.