Infrastructure Systems Engineer
12 days ago
The Systems team is responsible for the design, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the technology infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to, storage, networking, desktops, and compute clusters. It also includes the various software elements around the base operating system(s) and the various components of the application layer.
The Senior Systems Engineer does not wait to be active. He looks for opportunities for improvement and continually challenges the status quo by looking for ways to improve the services we provide to our clients. The ideal candidate will have the ability to respond quickly and directly to issues during high-pressure sessions with clients and resolve issues calmly and effectively. He will also work closely with our large global systems team to continue to define and implement best practices.
The Senior Systems Engineer is encouraged to propose and lead projects that will advance the technology framework. This includes elements of project management, communication with other departments, delegation of tasks and coordination of schedules.
- Contingency planning, setting/meeting milestones, coordinating communications, and ensuring documentation and support needs are addressed.
- Actively supervise and assist in the technical development of intermediate and junior staff.
- Install, support and maintain servers and file storage systems.
- Ensure systems operate reliably, plan and implement upcoming requirements, and respond to service outages or other system-related issues.
- Optimizing system performance
- Scripting and lightweight programming
- High functional knowledge of one or more of the following: Linux, storage, and networking
- Functional knowledge of a scripting language (Shell, Python)
- A pragmatic approach to project implementation, training and documentation.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud computing infrastructures and networking concepts and techniques.
- Experience with virtualization systems, performance evaluation and database administration.
- Strong self-help problem-solving skills
- Autonomous, resourceful, positive and calm in a production-oriented environment
- Commitment to teamwork, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive prior experience in a Linux systems administrator role
- Perfect command of English and French
- Degree in computer science, computer systems engineering or a related field.
- Experience collaborating on projects, including using source control and patch review.
- Experience with distributed systems and TCP/IP networks.
- Experience working in a multi-site or global configuration
Please click here to view our privacy notices for job applicants. If you need help applying, please contact email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER Technicolor respects and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, health status (including genetic features), mental and/or physical disability or disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political beliefs, socioeconomic status, family status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristics or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local laws.
Technicolor Creative Studios is a creative technology company providing world-class production expertise driven by one purpose: The realization of ambitious and extraordinary ideas. Home to a network of award-winning studios, MPC, The Mill, Mikros Animation and Technicolor Games, we inspire creative companies across the world to produce their most iconic work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our global teams of artists and technologists partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere.