Infrastructure Engineer - Orbital (Remote within UK)
17 days ago
We are nDreams, an award-winning independent developer and publisher, delivering world-leading interactive VR experiences.
nDreams Studio Orbital is looking for talented people to help pioneer development in live service games for VR that will entertain players for years. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of both a new team and project right from the start.
We are building a fully remote studio that holds creative diversity as a core value. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, genders and experience levels to apply for this role.
We are looking for a disciplined, creative “ops” engineer to help scale the team here at Orbital. Someone who loves learning and isn’t afraid of new challenges will thrive with us. Together, we will build innovative online VR experiences to share with the world!
Our ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of professional dev-ops experience on a game development team, or equivalent software engineering experience in other industries.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Maintain and improve existing Developer Services, hosted on site and in the cloud.
- Create and maintain development and deployment pipelines used by engineers, artists, and designers.
- Collaborate with the team to optimize the development workflows that will realize a shared creative vision.
- Develop and integrate online technologies that enable multiplayer experiences in VR.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Experience and understanding of build and deployment pipelines used in game development.
- An enabling mindset backed up with engineering and automation skills.
- A broad working knowledge of online services and cloud infrastructure.
- An active interest in a broad range of development technologies & platforms, such as:
- AWS, Linux, Windows, Android, C#, Python, Scala, Perforce, & TeamCity with Kotlin.
Our growing studio shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and defining the future of VR. We encourage an open, creative, and diverse culture and empower people to explore their ideas and put their own stamp on projects. With humble beginnings of our own, we combine big projects and opportunities with a personal, caring touch. We’re proud of our culture – come and see why!
We have the small, inclusive and open creative atmosphere of a start-up, with the experience and backing of the team behind Fracked, Far Cry: Dive Into Insanity and #1 Selling, Award-winning Phantom: Covert Ops. This is a rare opportunity to contribute to the culture of a new studio and the direction of a new IP!
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, private health insurance, pension, two duvet days plus a day off to celebrate your birthday. As you’d guess, we provide all the equipment you need to create amazing VR experiences.
We are a remote first studio with the advantages that brings. We hold social get togethers once per quarter in the UK to bond and become the best team we can be.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.