Influencer and Community Specialist
9 days ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for our mobile hits. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console department of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe. This role would be in our PC and Console department (PCC) with responsibility for global activity.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of the Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
Our ideal Influencer & Media (PR) Specialist will have started building a global network of gaming media and influencer contacts, be highly motivated and able to think outside the box. They will be enthusiastic about getting our PC & Console titles in front of, and supported by, the gaming media and influencers around the world and have no problem jumping in front of a camera to livestream our games and show them off!
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m the face of Kwalee’s amazing PC and console games!”
What you will really be doing
- Assisting the Influencer and Media team to develop and execute strategies to establish Kwalee’s PC and console titles among gaming media & influencers around the world.
- Assisting the Community and Social Media team to livestream our games and promote them to the community.
- Helping maintain a global network of tiered and prioritised gaming media and influencers, building rapport and creating strong working relationships.
- Becoming a recognised figure in the media & influencer landscape for Kwalee’s PC & Console games.
- Establishing Kwalee as a recognised curator of premium third-party PC & Console games amongst media, influencers and other tastemakers.
- Leading outreach to influencers across various platforms and making it easier for them to play Kwalee games.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including veterans Jason Falcus (developer) and Max Everingham (publisher).
Skills and requirements
- Previous experience promoting products and services (preferably in an entertainment sector)
- Ability to conceptualise and execute effective media strategies and ‘stories’ to promote to gaming media and influencers
- A passion for games and knowledge of industry trends and key players
- Interested in gaming influencer trends, the successful candidate will use this mindset to assist with influencer outreach for new titles
- Experience in establishing meaningful KPIs and metrics to monitor performance of the Influencer & Media team’s work and ability to report to senior management in a concise and timely manner.
- Interested in gaming PR and media trends, familiarity with industry standards such as the Barcelona Principles..
- Strong task management skills, ability to prioritize and work to deadlines across multiple projects.
- Willingness to get behind the camera to livestream and otherwise promote our games via video and social media.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.