Incubation Principal Gameplay Engineer
15 days ago
Would you like to work on a new IP and new genre at Bungie that combines amazing action feel with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Are you excited to work on joyful PvP combat and action gameplay?
As a Principal Gameplay Engineer at Bungie, you will build the gameplay architecture and systems that make the game feel amazing – the nexus of animation, gameplay, and networking - using a wide range of technologies. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to bringing a new world to life at Bungie.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with diverse backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
- Architect our ecosystem for creating world-class gameplay – building and maintaining production-quality gameplay systems, workflows, and tools in C++ on Unreal 5
- In partnership with the engineering lead, provide technical direction and mentorship to our engineers while reinforcing our team’s engineering values and culture.
- Effectively review engineering plans, share knowledge, and write technical documentation, with the ability to summarize complex topics and achieve alignment across multiple teams.
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team and project leadership to build amazing new experiences.
- Ability to communicate with teammates of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals.
- Experience building extensible, maintainable, and scalable multiplayer action gameplay systems (ex. character abilities and movement, controls, camera, etc.) in C++ or C#
- Experience solving game problems rooted in math (ex. physics simulations, animation IK, character controllers)
- Experience with development using the Unreal Engine
Listed below is this role's base pay range. In other locations that Bungie has approved for remote work, this pay range may be adjusted up to +/- 10% and some roles may be classified as non-exempt (hourly).
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers
to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
Bellevue Pay Range
$233,000 — $260,000 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Bungie full-time (non-contract) employees in the U.S. also receive:
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
So you don't meet every requirement listed in this job description? Do you think your experience level is not where it needs to be? Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification. Bungie is focused on building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you're interested in this position but your past experience doesn't line up perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we want you to apply anyway. The right role for you may be right around the corner!
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.