Incubation Engineering Director
19 days ago
We are seeking a highly technical and team-oriented Engineering Director who is incredibly excited to help build an online sandbox game unlike anything Bungie has ever created. This is a unique industry opportunity to join a team at the beginning of its journey and help innovate and craft the identity of the next generation of gaming.
Are you inspired to create a hopeful new game world that brings players together from all over the planet? Do you seek out the latest technologies to learn from them, and dream of the previously unimagined game experiences that they could enable? As an Incubation Engineering Director, you will build and direct a technology organization to deliver amazing never-before-seen experiences. From the ground up, you will grow an organization that can build and utilize a wide range of technologies and workflows to develop, continuously deliver, and maintain a production game service. You're an experienced manager capable of leading an organization to be efficient, agile, and adaptable in a changing environment. As part of the project leadership team, you will create and evolve a technology strategy that is aligned with project goals and initiatives and serves the needs of the game, its players, and developers. As part of a diverse company that prizes creativity and technical excellence, your servant leadership will inspire and motivate a cross-discipline team to create the best games in the world. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and energetic team devoted to creating world-class gaming experiences.
This position is available for full-time remote work in WA & CA.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Integrate into team leadership and help develop and align project strategy
- Recruit, nurture and retain a product engineering organization with the skills, capacity, and adaptability to navigate uncertainty and deliver on the changing needs of the project
- Manage multiple engineering leads, providing technical guidance, management support, constructive feedback, and career development coaching
- Build trust and direct engineering to tackle challenging problems while sensibly managing technology risks
- Experience managing and technically directing an organization of 30+ engineers and leading other engineering leads
- Strong emotional intelligence and consensus building skills
- Excellent organizational and process design skills
- Technical expertise in AAA game dynamic simulation, networking, and/or virtual worlds
- Experience with multiple game engines and platforms (PC, Console, Mobile, Cloud)
- Experience working with high-availability, large-scale backend services