This job might no longer be available.
Incubation Art Director
15 days agoAbout ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides ProbablyMonsters and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.
We are looking for a creative and team-focused Incubation Art Director. You will join a team in the early stages of developing a new game, franchise, and studio. Our team will be focusing on action gameplay, world building, level design, AI, and character design during the early incubation phases.
We are seeking an Incubation Art Director who is experienced in leading multi-disciplinary teams of artists in the creation of art for action games. We are in the earliest phases of development where exploration and innovation happen quickly. You will be responsible for building, directing, and managing the art team. Everyone at our studio is enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best-in-class action game experiences.
Who You Are:
What You Will Do:
- Able to establish a strong aesthetic vision and communicate it.
- Unwavering in your desire to create a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Comfortable working in the highly iterative and ambiguous reality of an incubation team.
- Effective at breaking down complex ideas and communicating them across disciplines.
- An excellent mentor and leader; able to guide a team of artists to improve their craft.
- Motivated and independent, unafraid to ask for help when needed, and always willing to offer help.
- A source of empathy and compassion when managing conflict and dealing with misalignment.
- Enthusiastic about action games and how art can be used to elevate the entire player experience.
- Organized and able to develop milestones through clear direction and sustainable scoping.
- Excited to explore what a stylized world might look like.
- Drive the concept art of a character or environment.
- Help develop the world for a new IP.
- Drive the creation of prototype assets to help prove out a new concept.
- Attend playtests and provide constructive feedback across all aspects of the game.
- Communicate the technical requirements and vision for art workflows and pipelines.
- Support the team through mentoring, directing, and/or desk-side communication.
- Work with outsourcing studios to support development.
- Advocate for new art roles and then recruiting, evaluating, and hiring for them.
Nice To Have:
- At least 6 years of game art production experience, including experience in an art leadership role.
- Experience building and managing teams of artists.
- Excited to help develop an online action game.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine.
- Experience developing for multiplayer online action games.
- Ability to execute as a 3D Art generalist (like 3D modeling, animating, lighting).