3 days ago
Job Posting TitleIllustrator-5
SummaryThe Senior Illustrator is responsible for developing and creating concepts and visual ideas for all forms of characters, logos and reel symbols for gaming devices. This includes leading information gathering with management and other departments to support company-wide creative objectives. A Senior Illustrator leads game production on all aspects of visual representation.
What You'll Do
- Proven ability to take visual concepts and produce required art for video-based gaming projects.
- Collaborating with Game Designer, Art Director, Lead Artist and production team members to understand needs, review scripts, design storyboards, and create and edit the game art.
- Good understanding of graphic production pipeline.
- Listening to feedback constructively and altering game art to suit game theme.
- Using creativity and artistic techniques to tell a game feature or provide information in visual form.
- Ensure relevant processes in regard to asset management, file organisation, output configuration, are clearly and correctly executed.
- Schedule and manage time efficiently – work with agile development leaders / Project Managers to plan work.
- Must have the ability to endure and moderate to occasional high levels of stress, capable of multi-tasking, and meeting deadlines.
- Deliver assets on time to specification with a thorough and complete attention to detail
- Responsible for having peer reviews to check work for accuracy and quality
- Various other duties include:
- Game Documentation as per business need
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined teams to achieve the highest quality games possible
- Follow guidelines set by BLS management to manage / develop art/animation/assets to support business
- Bring in ideas/innovations to improve the overall games art development in terms of tools, processes etc.
What We're Looking For
- Education: Bachelor’s degree/BFA/MFA or equivalent.
- Experience: 4 – 6 years of relevant work experience in 2D/3D gaming art creation.
- Advance knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator.
- Exceptional traditional art skills including drawing, composition and color theory.
- Strong knowledge of 2D, 3D graphics fundamentals.
- Proficient in creating human, creature and object art. Having good knowledge of stylization of fonts is a must.
- Prior experience in the gaming industry will be a plus.
- Experience in using Assets control systems (Perforce) and Microsoft Office Suite will be a plus.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies will be a plus.
- A good eye for attention to detail and be willing to follow technical/compliance specifications, adaptability and receptiveness to feedback and direction.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with global stakeholders.
- Having animation skills and knowledge of animation tools like Adobe After Effects, 3DS Max and Maya would be preferable.
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.