19 days ago
📍Manchester - On-site minimum 4 days per week
Team17 Digital is a leading, independent video games label and creative partner for developers from all over the world. At our core, we develop and publish games to bring quality gaming experiences to players across multiple platforms. The games we publish top the charts on most gaming platforms and we have won many awards from BAFTAs to Golden Joysticks, as well as winning Publisher of the Year at the recent esteemed Develop Star Awards.
We are now looking for an IT Technician to work as part of our IT Services team. The team comprises creative and results-focused individuals whose diverse backgrounds bring technology and expertise together from various disciplines, making this a great environment to learn and develop within!
What You Will be Working On as an IT Technician
The focus of the IT Technician will be on managing assigned support tickets, creating technical solutions as part of support and project activities, and providing friendly, reliable assistance to colleagues. We are looking for a candidate who is ready for the challenge of working as part of a team in an organisation with a global brand and over 200 employees. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a solid grasp of IT support principles and is ready to take on more challenging tasks and responsibilities.
What You’ll Need
We are looking for a candidate with excellent troubleshooting and support skills, with a collaborative approach to work and an enthusiastic can-do attitude. Our team works very closely with other internal IT teams and with all other members of staff at Team17, so strong communication skills are essential. The role will offer hands on experience with a multitude of exciting technologies ranging from security to games consoles, from AV to games development software.
Other technical skills required include:
- Working with Microsoft management and security technologies such as Intune, 365, Active Directory (both on premise and Azure), GPOs, and Defender
- Providing support for Microsoft 365 Office applications
- At least 3 years of experience handling support tickets in a service desk environment
- Software & hardware troubleshooting
- Writing and maintaining knowledge base articles
Even if you don’t quite tick all the criteria above but still possess the core and transferrable skills for the role, then we’d still be keen to hear from you.
What's In It For You?
- Annual Bonus, pension matched up to 8%, Share Save Scheme and £1000 of free shares for all Teamsters!
- Dedicated learning time - In addition to organised learning and conferences, you will have 6 days per year for self-directed learning.
- Vitality private medical insurance including cover for pre-existing conditions and discounted BUPA Dental along with structured internal support for mental wellbeing
- Game Console loans of up to £500, game keys, access to our annual Team17 Fest, free use of pool tables, office gaming competitions. Oh, and look out for a range of treats sent to your home throughout the year celebrating Life at Team17 and our successes!
The Interview Process
The interview process for the IT Technician role is made up of 3 stages:
Screening call (20 minutes) – A member of the TA team will call you to discuss your application, a brief summary of your experience and run over the expectations of the role.
First interview (60 minutes) – A video call with two of our IT Managers, where you will discuss your experience to date, a few technical questions and an overview of your goals and ambitions. In return, the team will provide a more detailed overview of the day-to-day duties of the role and answer any questions you may have.
Second interview (60 minutes) – An on-site visit to our Manchester studio where you will meet a few more members of the team and have the opportunity to ask as many questions as you’d like about the company, team and role.
You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Team17 is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in! Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business.
We can provide suitable adjustments for you during our recruitment processes from audio support to extra time on assessments. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at Team17, please let us know in the notes section of your application and be reassured that this will not affect your application.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.