IT Technician - Ottawa
10 days ago
Snowed In a Keywords Studios is looking for an IT Technician to joint their IT team in Ottawa.
The IT technician will represent the IT department and addressing level 1 and 2 issues reported by Keywords employees, providing fast resolution to those issues while working on projects to implement new systems or to upgrade existing environment addressing those in person, email, by telephone or redirect the case to the designated team and following it in a prompt, professional and efficient manner.
- Acting as the first point of contact to end users for all IT queries / issues
- Tests preparation, build management, mobile devices preparation
- Responding to incoming customer requests via Help Desk Tickets, phone, email and/or chat sessions, and walk-up inquiries
- Troubleshoot end user issues with desktops, laptops and mobile equipment
- Managing, owning and being responsible for resolving all IT level 1 and 2 support issues
- Redirect and follow level 3 case if needed
- Managing priorities and ensure all issues and projects assigned are completed as per the timelines
- Research and test new technologies/ solutions based on requirements to address future or immediate needs
- Documentation of procedures and incidents
- Inventory management
- Other duties as assigned
- DVS on Computer Support (Soutien informatique) or any other related field of study
- Working knowledge of server computing, routing, firewalls, phone systems and patching
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Customer service experience, skills and ability to handle pressure situations
- Patient, personable, high energy, dependable demonstrating a positive attitude
- Desire to take ownership of issues – self-starter
- Previous experience working in the Gaming industry is considered an advantage
- Working 5 days per week with shift/site rotation and on call rotation
- Available to work in an ‘out of hours’ schedule
- Available to work on evening shifts
- Available to work additional hours as required to fulfill the requirements of the role. This may include extended shifts and occasional weekend work
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.