This job might no longer be available.
17 days ago
Job Title:IT Technician
Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979. Our portfolio, developed by our incredibly talented teams, includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment (including Call of Duty, Destiny, Skylanders, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Candy Crush). Our entertainment network has more than 500 million monthly active users in over 200 countries, and we’re continuing to expand our capabilities across new platforms, genres, audiences and geographies.
Through our five key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios and Media Networks, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world.
Our road to victory begins with Talent!
This 6 month fix term contract role will support and promote the use of IT hardware, software, security and process at the Activision Blizzard Dublin.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
- Provide hands-on technical support for key business applications;
- Promote IT through technical knowledge, excellent customer communication, efficient and prompt service desk management;
- Work with Corporate IT in US administering systems and ensuring compatibility with setup, procedures and standards;
- Manage data restores in cases of emergency or accidental file deletion / corruption;
- Daily Active Directory and Exchange administration and support – create and delete users, change permissions as requested, reset passwords;
- Ensure successful delivery of projects in line with the expectations of the business;
- Administer the New Starter process and run IT induction sessions;
- Administer project plans and provide regular reports to the IT Infrastructure and Support Manager Europe;
- Identify and resolve OS, application and hardware problems; contacting engineers to rectify the fault if escalation is necessary;
- Engage with external IT Support Third Parties across Europe to ensure they have clear direction and process for delivering local support;
- Provide technical advisory service and keep abreast of IT developments to enable people to maximise use of technology;
- Manage IT hardware and software purchases across Europe;
- Building, Deploying, Shipping of IT Equipment to end users and other offices;
- Support for all mobile devices
- Assist with Office moves fitting out both Comms room and office areas;
- Constantly review Helpdesk process and procedures in order to meet defined and monitored SLA’s;
- Support and enhance the A/V experience / equipment
- Understand the Activision Blizzard business model.
- This role will involve remote worker support as well as in office support.
- Experience in enabling and supporting the remote work enviroment is desired.
- Undergraduate degree in computing or equivalent subject or experience.
- Successful completion of MCSE and CCENT qualification in conjunction with on job experience is desirable.
- Exposure to network administration in a heterogeneous wide area network environment is desirable.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge with PC, local network environment and basic Mac support skills.
- Able to manage delivery of projects in partnership with external consultants.
- Should be able to handle various pressure situations and workload through proper work balance, prioritisation and delegation.
- A collaborative team player, who is sociable and has a sense of humour.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to deal and liaise with colleagues at all levels within Activision.
- Proactive and highly organized with excellent time management skills & adherence to deadlines.
- A problem solver with a “can do” attitude who not afraid to think outside the box.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Hands on involvement.
- Actively communicates with local management, territories and corporate.
* The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.