IT Technician - Sledgehammer Games Guildford (UK)
5 days ago
Job Title:IT Technician - Sledgehammer Games Guildford (UK)
Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of multiple titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join our studio as founding members of our new UK team, based just south of London in Guildford. This group will partner equally with our teams in Foster City, Melbourne, and Toronto in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
At Sledgehammer Games, we recently entered our second decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As an IT Technician you will work within our small but agile team that will service all our development, administrative, and operational staff. As a member of the IT team, they will also be responsible for managing and maintaining local computing systems and services, as well as any internal tools utilized by Sledgehammer Games; (Jira, Confluence, Office365, etc.).This role will not only manage helpdesk tickets, but be expected to help us exceed client expectations, map and deliver critical timelines, help set standards, and manage assets. Our teams and game state changes rapidly, so they must have an innate sense of urgency, ability to multi-task and prioritize to be successful.
If you think the above is you, you thrive on being the go-to person, and you are ready to accept this challenge: Please read on and apply!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for working and tracking cases from beginning through resolution
- Perform installations, adds, moves, and changes for PCs, monitors, printers and related peripherals
- Perform archive restores, manage user and computer accounts in AD, patch management, manage VPN accounts, Aspera requests, password resets, Alloy Software Asset Management, and all other duties as assigned
- Perform software and hardware configuration across diverse platforms
- Support and assist the local operations team in desk setups
- Support on-site and remote users around the world
- Participate in 24/7 IT coverage for the critical business environment and applications as needed
- Partner with IT management and security team to ensure that all systems adhere to security policies and any compliance requirements
- 3+ years IT experience in a support, and/or project-based environment
- Friendly, customer focused and top-level support a must
- Can do attitude
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- General understanding of network protocols (DNS & DHCP)
- Familiarity with hypervisor / virtualization technology
- Proven documentation skills
- Experienced in support & troubleshooting Windows & Mac OS
- Platforms including mobile devices running Apple iOS & Android OS
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook Web Access and Office 365
- Ability to work without daily guidance
- Willingness to learn new technologies, unlearn old technology to support company growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar education
- Experience with IBM Endpoint Manager (BigFix), WSUS and/or SCCM a plus.
- Preferred minimum 2 years work experience in Media/Entertainment industry
- People person
- Love video games, board games, card games, mobile games…. did we mention like games!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.