IT Systems Administrator
21 days ago
Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998 and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 50 studios located across Europe, North America, South America and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue chip client base in more than 20 countries. We have a strong market position, providing services to 23 of the top 25 most prominent games companies. With over 10,000 passionate gaming employees around the world, we provide services to video game developers and publishers alike.
The IT Systems Administrator will add to our growing IT team. Technical skills, enthusiasm, proactiveness, and an interest in video games are traits of a good candidate. This is a highly technical role committed to achieving the highest standards of IT services in line with business requirements and the local IT team objectives.
The System Administrator will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality IT Operations in support of the business as well as supporting the delivery of strategic local IT initiatives. The successful candidate will develop IT skills and expertise and provide technically knowledgeable, proactive and problem-solving team members in support of local business activities.
- Develop, implement & review company IT strategy
- Configuration & maintenance of Wide Area Network, Firewall, Routers
- Hardware & software evaluation, purchasing, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Backup, security configuration & maintenance of servers
- Liaison with all external contractors, suppliers and vendors for the effective procurement of products and services
- System documentation
- Monitoring of and evaluating new technology/products
- Work closely with local IT and Hardware teams and IT Manager to support all aspects of business as usual activities
- Work on Helpdesk tickets
- Work with production teams to identify opportunities for process automation
- Develop a deep understanding of business processes and provide expertise in the delivery of IT Service solutions
- Point of contact for Dublin employees for all IT service related matters
- Be a proactive member of the IT team
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and makes recommendations for technology growth.
- Accountable for support and maintenance of IT systems, to include Security, Service Delivery and Applications.
- Monitors security compliance in accordance with standards, policies and procedures
- Compose documentation and KB articles
- Work with global IT peers on specific projects
- Strong technical background with 3+ years’ experience in IT Systems
- Strong technical knowledge of the Microsoft Stack, Windows Server, Windows networking, Active Directory
- Strong understanding of Firewalls and Gateways (Palo Alto, SonicWall)
- Experience with VPN tunnelling, IPSEC (site-to-site, point-to-site)
- Experience with switching
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in Office 365 Administration
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills (English required)
- Experience with VMware in HA
- Experience with Veeam Backup and Replication
- Experience with SharePoint and SQL Server
- Experience with Ubuntu Linux
- Experience in the video games industry
- MCSE, MCP, ITIL, Prince 2 or similar certification
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Team player
- Strong team player
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Quality focused
- Client focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, can-do, attitude
- Excellent organisational skills
- Cultural adaptability.
- Ability to explain complex systems in non-technical terms
- Ability to use good judgment to prioritise tasks.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced, complex environment
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information