IT Operations Specialist
7 days ago
We are looking for an IT Operations Specialist to join our Unity Technologies office based in Shanghai.
You will be key in supporting and maintaining the IT hardware and software for our employees, as well as rolling out IT projects and much more. One of the big challenges will be to effectively service and connect with the different Unity ofﬁces in the region – ensuring a proactive approach and timely delivery and execution.
As an IT Operations Specialist, you will be tasked with monitoring and maintaining the computer access, software and hardware. You could be installing and configuring computer systems, troubleshooting hardware, troubleshooting software and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone, mail, IM tools or in person.
What you’ll be doing
- Onboarding new staff on their first day, helping them get set up with their computer and accounts
- Providing in-person support to staff in Shanghai and Beijing, also remote support to staff worldwide
- Keeping users updated on the status of their requests and prioritise and manage open cases in the ticket system
- Identifying when a computer problem requires hardware repair or replacement and handling the repair process end-to-end with the computer’s manufacturer
- Engaging with our computer and peripheral suppliers to get quotes, create purchase orders, place orders, take them in and maintain a stock of equipment in the China
What we’re looking for
- An IT related degree and relevant professional experience
- Experience with both macOS and Windows computers
- Experience in planning and executing projects
- Good with problem solving skills, adapting to changes, delays and unexpected events
- Great communication skills both oral and written
You might also have
- Experience with setting up and troubleshooting audio-visual equipment for meeting rooms
- A passion for crafting and improving documentation and processes
- Good knowledge of networking and experience with network troubleshooting
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.