IT Support Technician
5 months ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN AN IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN HAVE AT ESG
At East Side Games, we all band together to deliver a world-class gameplay experience for our players around the globe. Whether that’s working with Ricky and the Gang on Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money, or on any of our other current or upcoming titles, you’re committed to making memorable player experiences. Everyone has an impact here. As an IT Support Technician, you'll be maintaining our hardware and software needs in the mobile and social game space! You (yes, you!) will be responsible for providing timely employee tech support, enforcing security practices, and protecting our people from tech errors! You'll be our in-house smooth operator, where you'll assist in managing technical equipment and day-to-day operations.
WHAT YOU MIGHT DO IN YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and mobile devices.
- Troubleshooting common Windows, Mac OSX, Android and iOS issues.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
- Providing technical support across the company.
- Tracking and auditing equipment and assets.
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary.
- Setting up accounts for new users.
- Onboard new hires regarding best practices and expectations.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ESG
- 2+ years of experience working in an IT support role.
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study.
- Collaborative team player with strong ethical standards.
- A proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision, and knowing when to ask for help.
- Good communication skills to provide friendly service.
- Able to lift 30-50 pounds regularly.
- Previous customer service experience is considered a plus!
- You enjoy games, particularly mobile games. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live event
- Hungry, humble, and smart and can use these three pillars to impact you and those around you.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and diligent
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority
- Empathic, compassionate and curious
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games - a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative, idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally... And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits!
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.