IT Support Technician
22 days agoBlind Squirrel Games (BSG) is a proud, independent studio that joins forces with developers and publishers seeking an innovative partner in creating quality games. At BSG, people are our purpose, so we prioritize an inquisitive, proactive, and collaborative work environment for all our squirrels. We operate as a hybrid-remote studio, allowing our developers the flexibility to crush milestone goals at the studio or within the comfort of their own home. We currently have studio locations in Irvine, California; Austin, Texas; and Auckland, New Zealand.
At BSG, we are happy to provide ample opportunities for career development, host social activities, and various other perks for our employees, such as:
🌰 Competitive Compensation Package including:
🌰 Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
🌰 Company-paid life insurance
🌰 401k plan with company contribution
🌰 Flexible work schedule
🌰 Paid Time Off
🌰 Extended Winter Break (Paid)
🌰 Remote Work
🌰 Company-sponsored Activities (Game nights, movie outings, potlucks, contests, etc.)
Skills and experience are highly valued at BSG, but we recognize that talent is a product of hard-work, resilience, and a growth-mindset. Therefore, we champion individuals who have demonstrated they have the grit necessary to overcome challenges and subscribe to the notion that inclusion breeds synergy and innovation. To us, diversity isn't a metric—it's a must!
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIESBlind Squirrel Entertainment, a leading video game developer based, is looking for a talented team member to support our internal network and infrastructure. This individual will be part of a very small and tight-knit team responsible for supporting the Company’s internal network, systems, and applications. The environment is very dynamic and spans multiple regions. Ideal candidates are independent-thinking, motivated and energetic! Candidates must be able to interface with others in the company to support and enhance the compute environment.
This is a full-time contract position available to work Hybrid based out of BSE's Irvine or Austin studios working in studio for at least two days a week. Hours are flexible, they will be expected to work 8 hours a day during our studio’s core hours and be available after-hours for rare emergencies.
The annual salary range being considered for this role is $60,000-$90,000. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and location.
- Manage corporate computer systems and assets
- Provide after-hours support for critical issues
- Support company staff with resolving hardware/software issues (Windows and MAC)
- Perform advanced troubleshooting for office computers, phones, and printers
- Server set up and testing, including installing and updating BIOS, firmware, OS, and software
- Performs all roles with a keen eye towards maintaining and improving our security posture
- Administrate Active Directory objects and group policy.
- Network maintenance and documentation
- Provide VLAN and network switch configuration support
- Administer O365 applications including Exchange, SharePoint, and Azure AD
- Manage Application access and permissions
- Administer software deployments, security updates and patches
- Manage data Backup and Restore infrastructure
- Maintain software licenses
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to Applications and Systems Support
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2-5 years of IT Support/Administration experience
- Must be able to lift about 50 pounds as needed
- 2+ years of hands-on Windows, AD, and Server experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows 10 and 11
- Microsoft Server 2019 and up
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Azure AD
- Basic Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, etc.)
- Server Infrastructure
- Ability to work unsupervised
Blind Squirrel Entertainment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Eligibility to participate in benefits and perks may vary depending on position term and location.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Excellent problems solving, analyze data, and suggest appropriate solutions
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Customer Service oriented
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Positive "Can Do" attitude
- Experience with the following platforms:
- Palo Alto Networks Firewalls
- Cisco IOS
- Veeam Backup and Restore
- HPE Equipment