IT Support - Summer Internship
14 days ago
Obsidian is looking for an IT intern to join us for our Obsidian University Internship Program and help make our next world-class role-playing games by helping the folks who create them!
Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, outstanding problem-solving skills, the ability to deliver on time, and works well in a team environment.
This position requires the ability to work onsite at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA. Summer housing will be provided on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in resolving service requests and game developer questions across various support channels
- Assist Desktop Support in upgrading developer hardware and troubleshooting reported incidents
- Assisting Obsidian's IT department with various tasks such as cleanup, organization, moving, and equipment disposal
- Collaborate with the IT team on various projects, including maintenance, system updates, and implementing new technologies
- Basic understanding of networks, operating systems, and cloud services (preferably Azure)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a customer-service mindset
- Able to lift and move equipment (this role will assist with Facilities needs, such as employee moves)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell)
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Linux
- Experience with Azure or M365
- Knowledge of IT Security concepts and best practices
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The estimated base pay range for this role is:
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.