IT Support Specialist
17 days ago
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 29-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden and Romania. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our team in Bucharest is looking for an IT Specialist to maintain and upgrade the office IT infrastructure, take care of hardware procurement and troubleshooting for the on-site teams and work with counterparts in the other Funcom offices on the wider company infrastructure.
As a part of the Studio support team, we are looking for a friendly, approachable and proactive colleague, that will help us make sure the studio is running optimally daily.
Your Mission in Funcom
- Ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day IT operations of our office
- Provide IT support for the development teams
- Manage the office network, VPN and hybrid working tools
- Procuring, setting up new hardware/software and dealing with vendors
- Maintain and develop the Funcom group IT infrastructure
- Monitor and troubleshoot server related issues with our live multiplayer games
- Be in sync with other Funcom studios
We are looking for someone that has:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Experience administrating and troubleshooting Linux and Windows workstations
- Experience setting up and administrating an office network
- Experience with Office 365, VPN and general networking
- Ability to work independently and to drive initiatives from start to finish
You can impress us further if you have:
- Keen interest in games
- Experience working in a multi-office environment
- Experience administrating SQL, Azure and CI systems such as Jenkins
- Experience with source control system administration, ideally Perforce
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Bucharest studio is a professional working environment with international work culture , currently focusing on Q uality A ssurance, with plans in place to expand to other areas of game development over time.
Working at Funcom Bucharest offers a flexible working schedule, flexible benefits you can choose from, well-being programs, and a lot o f fun social events where you can interact with your colleagues . Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games! You will work in a nice and cozy and central location, with a lot of facilities (proximity to the metro and restaurants) .
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive , challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and w e encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.