IT Support Specialist I
13 days ago
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square Enix family and the studio behind Marvel’s Avengers and the award-winning Tomb Raider game franchise, is constantly on the hunt to add even more top-tier gaming talent to our family. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best talent available to concept, create, and contribute to the most exciting projects in gaming. Our 25-plus years of game development experience, as well as our combined AAA game industry pedigree, has established us as one of the premier studios in the world today.
The IT Support Specialist is a mission critical position that directly influences day to day development operations and specializes in PC/Devkit setup and troubleshooting at Crystal Dynamics. While working at Crystal, you will work within our team and will service all of our development, C-level, administrative, and operational staff. You will be heavily relied upon as this isn’t a sit at your desk type of role. You can expect to be heavily customer facing and will work 1:1 with all our staff. That means, you will not only be facing hardware issues, but will need to have the ability to multi-task at a whole new level. You will not only manage tickets, but help us exceed client expectations, map and deliver critical timelines, help set standards, and manage assets. Our priorities change rapidly, so you must have an innate sense of urgency and prioritization to be successful.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining a positive perception of IT within the organization through world-class customer service by employing excellent communication that is time-sensitive and transparent through multiple avenues of contact including face-to-face, through email/IM/phone and our ticket support system
- Incident management and tracking using incumbent Service Desk solution
- Track/route issues and customer requests including documentation of resolutions within our service ticketing system (Jira Service Desk)
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research issues using various resources and advise/assist employees on appropriate action.
- Redirect or escalate problems to appropriate resource as needed.
- Assisting in longer term and other projects:
- Identify opportunities and implement action to achieve efficiency
- Take the lead on other minor and major project initiatives involving the service desk
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures
- Work with internal teams on purchasing projects to ensure quality, cost effectiveness, and timely delivery of goods and services – including procurement of all IT equipment
- Oversee asset management IT hardware
- Manage yearly refresh of 1/3 studio desktops, laptops, monitors development kits
- Must be able to effectively work, multi-task, and deliver required results in a rapid paced 24/7-365 days a year pressurized, live production environment.
- Experience managing IT support for 250+ users on premise and additional remote employees in a Windows environment.
- Experience supporting multiple users in a Windows environment (Active directory, Exchange etc.)
- Experience supporting PC hardware at a build level (High end Gaming hardware and Game consoles)
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization on a broad range of topics: technical, business and creative.
- The ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment as well as independently.
- Dependable and committed to projects and tasks
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems efficiently.
- Strong time-management skills with a proven ability to focus on and re-priorities multiple tasks to properly solve issues in a timely manner including deadlines.
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V employer.