IT Support Specialist (Contract)
13 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
IT Support Specialist (Contract)
Please note, this is a 6-month contract through our staffing partner, Yoh, with the strong possibility of an extension.
Sony PlayStation in Bend is looking for a seriously passionate computer nerd to help support our game development studio. Our ideal candidate needs to love gaming, building custom PC’s and helping your coworkers hurdle seemingly difficult IT obstacles so PlayStation can continue to be the best place to play. It’s not an easy job, you’ll be constantly challenged and be expected to solve some crazy desktop support problems. If you’re looking to gain some IT XP, join our team to level up!
The IT Support Specialist will support users and systems located at our Bend Oregon office. This position will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day desktop management. In addition, candidate must be familiar with working remotely and supporting users in their home. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years with IT helpdesk experience. This person must excel in customer service, collaboration and thrive in a fast-pace, cutting-edge environment.
This is a temporary work from home situation with some on premises hands on work in an empty office. The candidate will be expected to work from the office when the pandemic restrictions are lifted.
- Must have strong experience with the most recent versions of Microsoft Windows, and some MacOS & Linux.
- Install and configure hardware, operating systems, and application software on desktops and laptops running Microsoft Windows and MacOS.
- Familiar with supporting iOS, iPadOS, and Android mobile devices.
- Some onsite duties include, hardware troubleshooting, part replacement, system upgrades, shipping and receiving, and coordination with employees for equipment pickups.
- Respond to end user requests via chat, email, tickets, phone. Quickly identify, research, and resolve issues.
- Must be familiar supporting users remotely using tools such as Slack, WebEx, Teams, and more.
- Keep computer operating systems updated in compliance with Sony InfoSec standards.
- Participate and collaborate with peers locally and across Sony to help complete larger projects.
- Manage desktop protection utilities and provide immediate response to outbreaks and new security incidents.
- Manage Active Directory domain user and computer accounts.
- Manage inventory of software licenses and hardware assets.
- Configure and maintain Windows Servers.
- Microsoft Windows Deployment Server, image creation and automated deployments of desktop and server operating systems.
- Create documentation for standard operating procedures, one-off installations, and end user training.
- Be available off hours for scheduled maintenance, critical update releases, and physical office moves.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- At least 2 years of IT/desktop support experience working for a high tech company.
- Excellent and proven verbal and written communication skills in English. Strong sense of urgency, self-motivation, and work ethic. Great customer service skills. Friendly and eager to learn.
- Ability to document system build procedures, and process workflow related to end user support and system administration including setup and delivery of new equipment, installing software and related patches.
- Must have a strong understanding of PC client workstation/server hardware, operating systems, applications, development consoles, printers, mobile devices, networking, Mac and Mac specific software. Understanding of current hardware standards and future hardware releases. Strong Windows OS background through Windows 10. Familiar with studio development applications including: Perforce, Visual Studio, Maya, Photoshop a giant plus. Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools. Basic understanding of server side components and applications including web, application, and database infrastructure. Understanding of basic network protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, as well as network hardware. Knowledge of windows deployment solutions such as Windows Deployment Server (WDS), Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK), and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a fast paced environment required. Experience equivalent to MTA, MCSA, ACMT, CompTIA A+ or above highly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working as a team player to deliver projects on time.
- Demonstrated success in a helpdesk or service oriented structure. Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.