IT Support Specialist (Contract)
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
IT Support Specialist (Contract)
San Diego, CA
Please note, this is a temporary position through our staffing partner, Yoh. The length of contract is 1 year, with the possibility of an extension.
This dynamic and engaging role does not fit the average definition of Desktop Support. For SIE, the Studio IT Support Specialist possesses a mix of skills and experience often found in desktop support, helpdesk support, and limited system administration roles. A qualified individual is versed in a wide range of client technologies; responsible not only for the implementation, maintenance, and highest level of performance-tuning for client technology, but also for being a champion for strong working relationships directly with the people who utilize that technology.
This is a customer service role and fundamental to its success is building and maintaining support relationships with internal business teams, promoting trust, setting expectations, and achieving mastery in customer service. If this sounds like you, then please apply!
- Coordinate, diagnose and fix incoming employee requests for helpdesk-level coverage.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop or network services from local personnel or from employees using network remote access. Collaboration with remote sites expected and encouraged.
- Develop, document, and implement standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to IT support.
- Interact directly with end users in peril, handle and resolve incidents in an efficient manner, maintaining the highest levels of customer support and response and documentation.
- Establish and maintain direct relationships with business units as a support resource and contributing member of the production teams.
- Perform inventory management of team resources; apply workstation build technologies; configure and handle user account provisioning and permissions.
- Be available off hours for scheduled, week-long on-call rotation, which will include system maintenance and emergencies.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- At least 2 years of IT/desktop support experience working for a high-tech company.
- Excellent and proven verbal and written communication skills in English with a proven sense of urgency, self-motivation, and work ethic.
- Phenomenal customer service skills, friendly, eager to learn and work as a team player to deliver projects on time.
- Ability to document system build procedures, and process workflow related to end user support and system administration including setup and delivery of new equipment, installing software and related patches.
- Must have a strong understanding of PC client workstation/server hardware, operating systems, applications, development consoles, printers, mobile devices, networking, Mac and Mac specific software.
- Strong Windows OS background through Windows 10. Familiar with studio development applications including: Perforce, Visual Studio, Maya, Photoshop a plus.
- Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools. Basic understanding of server-side components and applications including web, application, and database infrastructure.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.