IT Support Engineer
15 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
We're looking for an enthusiastic IT Support Engineer to join our growing IT team in San Francisco. If you're looking to join a growing team, then we'd love to hear from you! Twitch is the (video) game-changing live streaming service for creators.
As an IT Support Engineer, you will provide hands-on support for client hardware and software on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. Additionally you will provide hands-on support for hardware and software on VC and AV systems.
We're looking for someone who is comfortable working as part of a distributed team and communicating with all kinds of users.
You have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software), and the ability to deal patiently with people in different situations. Additionally, you have a strong drive with demonstrated problem-solving abilities and a good track record operating in high-pressure situations, successfully handle multiple tasks, and maintain discipline.
- Resolve complex issues that may not be well documented, and apply your knowledge to improving and creating support procedures and documentation
- Provide personalized support to Twitch with AV and IT support
- Manage our conference room technology, Gameslabs, printers, and other IT-related site equipment
- Manage our IT assets through the entire lifecycle, including purchasing, repairs, and secure disposal
- Manage our IT ticket queue to ensure Service Level Agreements are met
- Purchase, image, and deploy laptops for employees both locally and remote
- Be our onsite hands to resolve issues with core networking switches, routers, and WiFi access points
- Analyze competing projects, assess technical risk, and communicate impact to the business and team
- 2+ years experience working in the IT or AV field
- Experience working in IT or Desktop Support/System Administration role.
- Have broad knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows 10, Linux, and managing Mac and PC's in an enterprise environment. Exposure to Active Directory and JAMF.
- Advanced system administration activities and are a subject expert in at least one area of technology.
- networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications.
- Experience with large multi team projects and delivering those projects on time and within guidelines.
- Industry training such as Crestron Toolbox certification and Biamp Tesira certification.
- Have experience with MDF/IDF Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance.
- Industry training such as Microsoft MCSE, MCITP
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.