IT Support Engineer
4 days ago
JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
What We Do
We are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our studio in Madrid. You'll be working remotely with our IT team based in London and the Madrid Leadership Team to maintain our IT estate, deliver IT projects and provide onsite support to our team of around 60 people located in Madrid.
What You'll Do
We're looking for an IT Support Engineer to take ownership of this studio's IT.
Due to the nature of our business, our team has a very high level of computer literacy so the role will have a greater focus on maintenance, troubleshooting, and IT projects over user-support. We run a mixture of Windows and Linux services, and offer our teams the choice of PCs or Macs.
A high level of IT knowledge is required for this role, working remotely with the IT Manager to implement new exciting infrastructure to aid the Madrid office's expansion.
In This Role You Will
- Be the primary point of IT contact for the Madrid office both onsite and remotely.
- Build, install and configure new IT equipment for our team.
- Maintain and Upgrade network, AV, and general IT equipment.
- Maintain the Madrid Asset register and upgrade ageing hardware where applicable.
- Provide remote support across the Tonic Games Group estate, via the IT Helpdesk.
- Manage all IT purchasing for Madrid, with an overview from Leadership.
- Complete new technology projects and rollouts, working closely with our IT Manager.
- Upgrade and Maintain our remote Linux systems.
What We're Looking For
- A methodical approach to troubleshooting
- Experience administering Windows domains
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice To Have Skills
- Good understanding of Linux and Unix systems
- Great understanding of both Windows and Macs.
- Experience with Routers and network topology
- Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals
- Experience with software development systems including BitBucket, JIRA, and Jenkins.
Remaining Skills Needed
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- An interest in computer games, or game development.
- Passionate about providing friendly and approachable support