IT Support Engineer
London England United Kingdom
2 days ago
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally.
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire anIT Support Engineer to join the team in our London studio.
Mediatonic is one of the UK’s largest independent games developers which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with weird and wonderful games across every platform.
We are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our London studio. You'll be working remotely with our IT team, also based in London, to maintain our IT estate, deliver projects with the guidance of the IT manager, and provide remote support to 290 staff across the Tonic Games Group.
Due to the nature of our business, our team has a very high level of computer literacy so the role will have a greater focus on maintenance, troubleshooting, and IT projects over user-support. We run a mixture of Windows and Linux services, and offer our teams the choice of PCs or Macs. We also manage a large number of mobile devices and consoles used to test and develop our games.
A mid-level of IT knowledge is required for this role, working remotely with the IT Manager to implement new exciting infrastructure to aid Tonic Games Group exponential growth and continue to improve and upgrade systems across the TGG.
In regards to future office support, currently the plan is a mix of on-site (Victoria) and home working from January 2021.
- Work with another IT Engineer to provide IT support across TGG.
- Purchase, build, install and configure new IT equipment for our team
- Maintain AV equipment in our meeting rooms
- Upgrade and maintain our Linux systems
- Order, Manage and Asset Software across TGG
- Complete new technology projects and rollouts, working closely with our IT Manager
We are looking for someone passionate about providing friendly and approachable support with a methodical approach to troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of software development systems which could include BitBucket, JIRA, and Jenkins.
- Good understanding of both Windows and Macs.
- Experience administering Windows domains
- Good understanding of Linux and Unix systems
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Perforce.
- Experience with Routers and network topology
- Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of endpoint management strategies with experience using different MDM/Asset solutions
- Experience with VMWare and Citrix technologies
- An interest in computer games, or game development
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including upto 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply and really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.