IT Support Engineer
11 days ago
Job Title:IT Support Engineer
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Reporting to: Manager IT
Location: Dublin, IE
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players’ online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
The IT Support Engineer will be responsible for supporting, managing and maintaining the IT infrastructure for our worldwide teams. Role will be reporting into Demonware located in Dublin, Ireland. It will be essential in this role to have the capability and the willingness to provide support in all IT areas including help desk, asset management, monitoring, data storage and backup. The candidate will need to be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems quickly and efficiently in a studio environment. The candidate will also need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of teams and users.
● Global desktop support for on-site users in multiple offices as well as remote users
● User account and workstation set up (software and hardware)
● Manage network infrastructure
● Troubleshoot issues and outages
● Server, storage and VM planning, configuration and maintenance
● Ensuring all deployments adhere to GIS compliance and policies
● Provide technical documentation for configurations and procedures
● Thorough understanding of Windows, Linux and Mac environments
● Experience managing LDAP (Active Directory) and productivity services (Office 365, Google Workspace)
● Experience with networks and network administration
● 3-5 years’ experience supporting studio game development preferred
● Ability to configure and deploy virtual machines, containers and bare-metal services ● Strong scripting skills
● Experience managing Atlassian applications (Confluence, JIRA)
● Experience with game development kits
● Excellent communication skills
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.