IT Support Assistant
8 days ago
The position of IT Support Assistant, reporting to the IT Desktop Lead, is a technical support role in the IT department.
This position involves being at the front line of desktop support and working to maintain a high level of operational efficiency across the studio. This will consist of working with users daily to prevent and solve IT issues. The IT Support Technician will work closely with the IT Desktop Support Lead and other IT Technicians and will be expected to support them in server-related and engineering tasks from time to time.
- Provide first line technical support to users.
- Perform user and account administration in systems such as Office 365, Perforce and the Atlassian stack
- Keep computer systems running smoothly and ensure users get the maximum benefit from them
- Set up workspaces and high-end hardware to accommodate new starts and visitors to the studio.
- Maintain and populate the asset inventory, processing new hardware as received
- Troubleshoot system problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replace/Upgrade computer parts as required
- provide support using Helpdesk ticketing system and/or other communication channels i.e., Teams
- Set up new users' accounts and relevant software for new users
- Support the rest of the IT department in higher-level project and engineering tasks, as necessary
- Maintain IT equipment in meeting rooms
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Previous experience in a technical support role.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in English (both written and spoken).
- High level of personal intuition – the ability to research and solve problems independently.
- Ability to specify and build desktop-grade gaming machines from scratch.
- A strong customer-service focus and mindset.
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and topologies.
- Technical familiarity with Windows-based operating systems.
- General familiarity and awareness with gaming hardware is a plus.
- Exposure to Linux and MacOS is a plus.
- This role will be based from our office in Edinburgh