Capcom U.S.A. , Inc.
IT Service Desktop Specialist
Date started in position
System Network Engineer/IT Manager
Date of last Position Review:
The IT Service Desktop Specialist will be responsible for providing the first-level contact for incoming issues with second-level technical knowledges. The role is responsible for the support and troubleshooting of enterprise end user systems such as Windows 10, Server 2008/2012 /2016 , TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and FTP, to include basic printer, software, p eripheral and technical trouble shooting and repair.
II. Supervision Exercised
III. Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Provisioning of user accounts, assigning permissions and granting network share access. Additional responsibilities will include the preparation and deployment of new computer systems to end-users. Enterprise tool sets will be leveraged for the provision of user system as well as documenting end user issues. Interfaces with users, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy, while providing superior customer service and timely incident resolution. Accurately communicates pertinent information to creat e a work environment that lends it se lf to the best interests of departmental personnel and customer service.
- Build and install PCs, telephone systems, peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems through helpdesk portal
- Imaging PC builds and create/maintain version control of different builds for departments
- Perform onboarding process for new hire
- Support MS Office 2016 suite and Office 365
- Maintain i nventory of desktop/laptop peripheral asset s
- Maintain S ophos Endpoint Protection .
- Provisioning extensions and voicemail through Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Unity Call Manager.
- Manage software license and work with service providers and internal staffs to resolve licensing/ seating issues.
- Assist u ser with IP phone, iP hone/smartphone related issues as applicable.
- Keep IT Manager informed as to the progress of assigned projects and meet deadlines.
- Assist with procurement process of PCs a nd IT related purchases
- Participate in the ongoing evolution of the CAPCOM Information System with respect to Desktop/Laptop performance, business systems development, hardware and software upgrades, and new hardware and software products.
- Contributes to the professional image of the Company by exhibiting professional communication skills with coworkers and the outside business community.
- Other tasks and special projects as required and assigned by supervisor.
2-3 years or more related experience and extensive PC hardware/software, Windows environment experience , and basic network knowledge required. Excellent Customer Service in Face-to-Face, Telephone or Electronic Interaction with Clients, Good Language and Communications Skills, Problem-Solving, Good Understanding of Computer Support and Troubleshooting, Knowl ed ge of Windows 10, MS Office 2013-2016 , Office 365 applications , He lpDesk Ticketing System, cloud based applications ( Box , Zoom, endpoint protection management , MDM , etc. ) , Ability to Work in a Team, Ability to Prioritize Projects .
Experience with Mac OS , UNIX/Linux, Powershell scripting
Relevant Certifications such as Microsoft/ Comptia , Cisco
Cisco Call Manager
Business level Japanese speaking
Physical Demands ( Performance of the essential duties of this position includes the following physical d emands and/or working conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. )
Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Working Environments ( The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the e ssential functions of this job.)
Work is generally performed in an office environment and the noise level is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VI. Additional Information
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, knowledge, skills, abilities, or requirements, as any one position in this classification may be assigned some or all of these duties, in addition to other duties not explicitly listed here. The various duties, responsibilities and/or assignments of this position may be unevenly balanced and change d from time to time based upon matters such as, but not limited to, variations in shift schedules , work demands, seasons, service levels and management’s decisions on how to best allocate department resources. Any shift, emphasis or rebalancing of these assigned duties, responsibilities and/or assignments does not constitute a change in the job classification.