IT - Senior Systems Administrator
Oxford England GB
11 days ago
The Rebellion group comprises multiple sites within the UK developing Computer Games and publishing award winning Fiction, Comics and Film. This is a hands on technical role working within the support team based in our Oxford head office, providing proactive automation and troubleshooting of technical issues across our IT environment.
We are looking for a self-driven and experienced systems administrator who will be able to demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, and be able to resolve difficult scenarios with minimal management and oversight, in a busy development environment.
The role will report directly to the Head of IT, based in our Oxford studio.
This role is full-time, based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Working as part of a growing support team across multiple sites, to help direct junior support members as well as take the lead in investigating and resolving higher level issues.
- Identifying, developing and delivering IT projects to improve existing systems and processes.
- Maintaining the development servers and infrastructure across the various sites, to ensure an efficient and stable development environment for the studios.
- Plan, build, configure server, storage and network solutions for the Rebellion group of companies.
- The nature of the role will require some out of hours work as necessary to minimise downtime for the rest of the business.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in the administration of version control software within an continuous build environment.
- Experience supporting an operational network environment, configuring switches, routers, firewalls.
- VPN configuration and troubleshooting experience in any leading FW solution.
- Windows Server administration 2016, including Active Directory.
- Experience of working with Unix or Linux based systems.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016, ideally working in a clustered configuration.
- VMWare or XenServer administration.
- Exposure and understanding of monitoring platforms and their configuration, such as Nagios/Icinga.
- Knowledge of Powershell scripting.
- Good understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth, latency and NAT.
- Excellent communication, time and people management skills.
- 5+ years of end user or systems support.
It would be advantageous if you have:
- Perforce administration experience, in particular multi-site environments.
- Configuration experience with FreeBSD, ZFS, FreeNAS or similar storage technology.
- Setup and configuration experience with either Sophos XG firewalls or pfSense.
- Experience with cloud technologies and services, Azure, AWS, etc.
- Experience working in a software development environment.
- An in depth knowledge of network architecture and system design.
- Prior experience working in either the Games or Film industries as a Systems Administrator.
- Knowledge and experience of open source VOIP telephone systems (e.g. Asterisk).