IT Security Engineer
12 days ago
Are you a curious and passionate security engineer? Would you like to work in a creative and nerdy environment at a successful games company? Keep reading and learn how you can be part of a fun and hardworking team in a thrilling environment.
About the role
We are looking for a talented IT security engineer to join our small and dedicated IT team, currently consisting of five IT support technicians, an applications manager, a systems engineer, project manager and our Head of IT. As our first dedicated security engineer you will have a chance to shape the security landscape at Paradox and be involved in everything from strategic work to detailed, hands-on tasks. The goal for this role is to ensure that Paradox IT systems are protected from intrusions, malicious attacks and security vulnerabilities. Together with our application manager and systems engineer you will be responsible for the security of our systems. You will also be responsible for taking initiatives to elevate the knowledge of our staff and make improvements to our processes as well as be a permanent member of our security council. The role may also include leading internal security-related projects together with other departments based on their requests and established needs. In addition, you will collaborate with our NOC/SOC to understand the current threat levels and together find ways to stay at the forefront of proactive security.
- Monitor networks, applications and devices for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Identify, document and mitigate security breaches.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Undertake and follow up on penetration testing.
- Help employees understand and adopt information security mindset.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Keep relevant security policies up-to-date to prevent existing attack vectors.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent acquired knowledge.
- Experience in information security or related fields.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, SIEM, antivirus, and IDS/IPS concepts and products.
- Ability to identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Experience within physical security is meritable.
As a person, you are inquisitive and able to grasp complex threat risks. You are pragmatic, goal-oriented and service-minded. You like helping people and are able to work well both in teams as well as independently. You are thorough and enjoy creating structure from chaos. Furthermore, you are able to take initiatives and take a proactive approach to ensuring our IT delivery is safe, smooth and efficient.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.