IT Security Engineer
10 days ago
Improbable Defence is in need of an IT Security Engineer to help build and support the security tools we are looking to implement within the Defence business unit.
In this role you will be supporting and developing our internal services and systems. This work will be carried out in tandem with the Corporate Engineering team as well as working closely with IT and other teams throughout the company to identify and remove blockers of a range and sizes. These tasks range from and include but are not limited to; basic web integrations, scripts in multiple languages and platforms, serverless cloud functions, full scale automation systems.
Whilst working within this role you will also have to foster relationships with key stakeholders and administrators belonging to other departments in order to fully understand the tasks brought forward and have the ability to give professional advice on suggested solutions.
“Due to the nature of this role, you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance; including an unbroken residency in the UK for the previous 5 years. If you think that this might be an issue for you, please let us know”.
Areas of Impact:
- Support the build of the security tools and services for Defence IT
- Own & manage our zero trust setup
- Own & manage the following security tools: SAL, Nessus, DMARCian, Cortex
- Run reports against the requirements from our Defence Security team.
- Monitor end user devices ensuring all are patched, up to date.
- Monitor end user devices ensuring all laptops/servers are compliant.
We Would like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Experienced in supporting end user requirements for projects - advising on any security areas..
- Previous management of access controls and experience of ensuring security controls are in place.
- You’re customer focussed and enjoy solving problems to help teams succeed.
- You develop quality solutions and own them for their full lifecycle.
- You understand the value of optimising for the longer term while still being tactically pragmatic.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.