IT Security Administrator
13 days ago
Linden Research, Inc. dba Linden Lab develops platforms that empower people to create, share, and benefit from virtual experiences. Founded in 1999, the company first launched Second Life, the groundbreaking virtual world enjoyed by millions around the globe, in 2003, which has since gone on to boast nearly two billion user creations and a vibrant $500 million (USD) economy.
Tilia Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linden Research, Inc., and a licensed money transmitter in the U.S. Tilia Pay enables publishers of video games and virtual worlds to create in-world economies and monetize user interaction. Built from the ground up to be robust, flexible, and secure, Tilia Pay powers virtual economies of leading and cutting-edge publishers with hundreds of millions of dollars in circulation.
As an Information Technology Security Administrator, you will be an integral member of the security team. You will maintain security controls in the Tilia Pay and Second Life enterprise environments. They will support the Security team and IT team with servicing nearly 200 employees and contractors. You will maintain secure configurations of workstations, corporate networks, and corporate cloud services. You will ticket and tracker security maintenance work and you will provide reporting on the enterprise security program.
What you will do:
- Configure and oversee deployment and maintenance of Azure Active Directory for Windows and Mac workstations
- Configure and oversee Device Management for company computers and BYOD mobile devices using Microsoft InTune and Jamf Pro
- Execute and review desktop vulnerability scans and network perimeter scans using Tenable Nessus, ticketing and tracking remediation requirements in Atlassian Jira
- Ticket and track incidents detected by Sophos Endpoint Protection, and support the IT team with any required antivirus configuration changes
- Maintain Organizational Unit parity between Active Directory, Google Workspace OUs, Google Workspace Groups, LDAP, Nessus, and Sophos
- Security control audits for cloud services, including verification of password policies, appropriate account provisioning, and SSO (SAML, OAUTH) deployment when available
- Routine audits of workstation security controls, including the presence of endpoint protection, vulnerability management software, and MDM
- Ticket and track investigation of Data Loss Prevention events, refreshing employees on appropriate handling of sensitive data if needed
- Help IT maintain a documentation portal for desktop users, pointing to approved software download locations and self-service process documentation
- Act as first point of contact for employee questions about enterprise security. This requires that you maintain familiarity with corporate desktop and vendor security policies and procedures.
- Track employee training and ongoing phishing simulations using KnowBe4
- Assist with routine evidence collection for external audits and regulatory exams
What you will learn:
- Google’s Google Workspace Administration training will be provided
- Tenable.io Specialist training will be provided
- The Security Team is highly supportive of additional ongoing training to help you stay abreast of new tools and technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems
- Ability to identify and document security issues
- Ability to create scripts to automate common tasks
- Good teaching, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and apply new skills
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years industry experience
- IT Networking and Security certifications (e.g., Network+, Security+, CySA+, CISSP) preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in IT administration
- 2+ years experience deploying and administering Active Directory on Windows Server; Azure Active Directory experience a plus
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM); Microsoft InTune and/or Jamf Pro experience a plus
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages; Python or Windows PowerShell experience a plus
- Experience with Vulnerability Assessment tools; Tenable Nessus experience a plus
- Experience with creating and tracking tickets in Atlassian Jira or equivalent
- Prior experience with a money services business or a software developer is a plus
Although this is a fully remote position, there is a possibility of infrequent visits to our San Francisco headquarters, or our satellite offices in Seattle, Boston, and Virginia.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an online environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Fine Print :
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.