IT Project Manager (Scrum Master)
Montreal QC ca
6 days ago
Ubisoft's IT department is currently looking for an experienced Project Manager (Scrum Master) to guide the development team in charge with customer facing services, such as CRM, Customer Support, Digital Marketing and Community Management.
Customer & Marketing Solutions activity has an international footprint and company-wide impact integrating virtually all Ubisoft’s online tools and services. The Project Manager’s (Scrum Master) role will be that of facilitator and with a “servant-leader” approach to guide the distributed Scrum organization (Montreal, Paris, and Bucharest), and encourage self-organization in order to ensure smooth, efficient, and quality-oriented development process so that the product evolutions meet clients’ expectations.
The Project Manager (Scrum Master) will demonstrate strong organizational skills, outstanding communication and inner drive to succeed.
The main responsibilities and routine tasks of the Project Manager (Scrum Master) are to:
- Guide and coach the Scrum team and organize the use of Agile/Scrum practices and values; supports and educates the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog;
- Follow up on the progress of the work (team/project/production support), provide guidance on project initiatives and communicate statuses to project stakeholders on a regular basis, ensuring adequate communication between project collaborators;
- Assist product owners and team leads in managing and maintaining product, sprint and issue backlogs;
- Facilitate Agile rituals efficiently and strictly;
- Ensure the quality of communications (frequency, adaptation based on the context and product, etc.);
- Regular reporting on the status of his / her projects. Escalate risks and scope projects when needed;
- Carry out proactive follow ups with clients and on mandates with the customers;
- Take part in the implementation of appropriate methodologies for effective project management that meet quality standards and deadlines;
- Define and apply best management methods and practices and take part in their development and implementation;
- Along with managers, determine the resources required by teams (availability, skills) and ensure knowledge transfer;
- Understand the workflow processes and the inter- and intra-departmental relations and collaborate with in-house partner services to orchestrate and facilitate the implementation of optimal solutions and/or improvement projects and workshops;
- Ensure and/or define process and system quality improvement by implementing best practices and/or relevant techniques;
- Close projects (report, post-mortem, etc.);
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field is an asset.
- Agile Scrum Master certification
- Project Management training/certification (i.e. PMP, CSM, Prince2) is preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Scrum Master / Agile Coach or a Project Management position
- 5+ years of experience in the IT Industry
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Good team coaching skills
- Good skills and knowledge of prioritization, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, increasing transparency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to persuasively advocate agendas to staff, managerial and executive stakeholders; effective communicator and moderator in distributed cross-functional teams
- Exceptional team building skills
- Ability to analyze data and reports to identify issues and develop recommended courses of action in proactive fashion
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills to help influence and work with others collaboratively and constructively
- Self-motivated problem-solver
- Strong personal time-management skills and attention to detail; capable of detecting hidden problems and prioritizing, tracking and managing to resolution multiple issues
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of managing increasingly complex projects throughout career
- Solid, practical knowledge of Agile frameworks (Scrum or Kanban) and Agile practices (cross functional team dynamics, product and sprint backlogs, continuous integration, iterative and incremental development, scrum events, self-organizing teams)
- Understanding of waterfall project management practices
- Command of information technology foundations (e.g. software development, software automation, , application architecture, hardware/infrastructure, authentication/authorization)
- Solid knowledge of common project management and collaboration tools (e.g. MS Office, MS Project, Jira, Confluence)
- Demonstrated understanding of budgeting, scheduling and change management processes within Agile contexts
- Fluent in French and English.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.