IT Project Manager (Agile Transformation Coach)
Montreal QC ca
3 days ago
The IT Transformation Coach will work with IT leadership and their organizational partners to help them understand new ways of working and to help organize themselves. This role coaches “beyond the team” to help IT executives and managers to understand and adopt agile and lean mindsets with the ultimate goal of increasing IT value and business agility.
The main responsibilities are to:
- Lead the refinement of our assessment framework for “team of teams” with our pilot groups;
- Develop our domain (value stream) operating model and supporting frameworks;
- Work with domains with varied levels of Agile maturity and co-develop roadmaps tailored to each domain’s needs;
- Facilitate domain health assessments and conduct workshops for continuous improvement;
- Coach domains through their Agile/Lean journey;
- Promote and share best practices across domains;
- Derive meaningful metrics and measure performance of domain transformations;
- Communicate vision of improvement efforts, the current status and any organizational challenges in domains with IT leadership;
- Provide thought leadership to Agile communities of practice and groom Agile coaches to achieve scale and pace in our transformation journey;
- Support and mentor the other coaches when they need help;
- Travel internationally on occasion to our various IT teams’ locations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, technology or general management;
- MBA is a plus
- 10+ years of IT management in fast-paced, large enterprises;
- 5+ years of experience leading transformations (from simple to complex);
- Experience with lean approaches to organizational transformation and improvement, often referred to as organizational change management;
- Coaching abilities—all the people, collaboration, and mentoring skills of a qualified coach;
- Mastery of Agile practices and traditional project management;
- Ability to interact with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- A broad understanding of the various IT functions and deep knowledge of IT governance;
- Excellent stakeholder management, negotiation, facilitation and persuasion skills;
- Pragmatic and solution oriented;
- Ability to rapidly understand and exercise sound judgement on a range of complex and diverse issues;
- Awareness of cultural differences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Video game industry knowledge and large game publisher experience is a plus
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.