This job might no longer be available.
IT Project Manager (1 Year Fixed-Term Contract)
Montreal QC ca
15 days ago
The IT Project Manager is responsible to deliver projects of any kind to answer the needs of IT clients. They collect requirements and needs from the internal clients and works with the technical experts to propose various solutions to both internal and external clients. They are also responsible for all communications surrounding the external codev coordination.
The main responsibilities and routine tasks of the IT Project Manager are to:
- Identify, challenge and consolidate the needs of stakeholders and validate project deliverables;
- Collaborate with the product owners in identifying and planning long and short term codev projects priorities, objectives and requirements across the Ubisoft Regions;
- Contribute in the elaboration of departmental budget forecasts;
- Track project KPI’s, escalate variances as necessary and elicits standard project management deliverables as needed (e.g. schedule, budget, RACI, process maps, risk registers);
- Be responsible for management of project activities to meet project scope, budget and schedule success criteria;
- Define project communication plans and execute accordingly (e.g. roadmap workshops, steering committees, release and sprint reports, project status reports);
- Ensure teams maintain focus on quality and continuous delivery; responsible for continual improvement of team practices;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Client Relationship management
- Identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions;
- Promote department and share with Direction other development opportunities;
- Assess client's satisfaction and work to improve the relationship;
- Providing counsel, visibility and consistent results to clients;
- Remaining up-to-date on clients’ reality and constraints;
- Maintain and grow knowledge on the constant evolutions in the worldwide production domain.
- Coordination of the internal & external development streaming platform
- Manage the communications with clients during emergencies and crisis;
- Maintain and monitors team backlog;
- Carry out all others related task.
- Project Management training/certification (i.e. PMP, CSM, Prince2) is preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a project management or scrum master position
- 5+ years of experience in the IT Industry
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Good skills and knowledge of prioritization, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, increasing transparency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to persuasively advocate agendas to staff, managerial and executive stakeholders; effective communicator and moderator in distributed cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated problem-solver
- Strong personal time-management skills and attention to detail; capable of detecting hidden problems and prioritizing, tracking and managing to resolution multiple issues concurrently
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of managing increasingly complex projects throughout career
- Understanding of waterfall project management practices
- Solid, practical knowledge of Agile frameworks (Scrum or Kanban) and Agile practices (cross functional team dynamics, product and sprint backlogs, continuous integration, iterative and incremental development, scrum events, self-organizing teams)
- Basic understanding of information technology foundations (e.g. software development, software automation, , application architecture, hardware/infrastructure, authentication/authorization)
- Solid knowledge of common project management and collaboration tools (e.g. MS Office, MS Project, Jira, Confluence)
- Demonstrated understanding of budgeting, scheduling and change management processes within Agile contexts
- Fluent in French and English.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.