IT Product Owner
14 days ago
Your life at Ubi
Your role as a Product Owner is to make sure that the products created by Collaboration and Communication team produce value to its stakeholders and users. The Product Owner champions the product, facilitates product decisions, has a very clear vision of what engineers are trying to build, and conveys that vision to the collaborators. You will also guarantee cohesion between the different IT teams involved in the projects, and respect for the product roadmap.
Your main mission
- Gather requirements and identify needs with product stakeholders while being aligned with IT best practices.
- Manage the mid to long-term roadmap, involving stakeholders, clients, partners, and other groups relevant to the product.
- Manage the backlog, work on priorities and planning - Be responsible and guarantor of the backlog on the products for which you are responsible while respecting business priorities.
- Document stories and tasks details after reviewing with development.
- Coordinate & attend scrum meetings including standups, retrospectives, reviews and planning.
- Define and manage the implementation of functionalities according to business needs and priorities in close collaboration with IT teams and carry out and provide all the deliverables necessary for the successful completion of the projects.
- Work closely with IT teams to ensure architecture consistency and deliver the best product (s);
- Manage and ensure cross-product / roadmap monitoring: risk management, roadblocks identification;
- Be the referent with the IT teams on the different products to guarantee the business vision.
- Define recommendations and guidelines on the various projects so that the solutions are consistent with business needs and maintain an on-going relationship with the end-users of the tools, gather their feedback.
The professional value you bring
- Extensive experience as Product Owner
- Product management/business analysis experience
- Good understanding of modern product management practices
- Leadership, communication, and drive capacity to get the teams involved in your projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Extensive experience in Agile method (Scrum, Kanban, ...);
- Knowledge of project management tools (JIRA, SharePoint, ...);
- Basic technical skills: client – server web development technologies
- Basic understanding of UI/UX
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
The personal value you bring
- Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience;
- Able to prioritize tickets based on the business needs; analysis and synthesis abilities;
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Good organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously; able to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Autonomy, ability to work with minimal guidance.
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Our colleagues from the IT department engineer and deliver reliable services & products for Ubisoft’s game development teams and for our player communities, as well as developing apps for internal, world-wide use.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.