IT Product Owner
18 days ago
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
As the person accountable for the definition (the “what”) of Corporate IT services at Jagex, you will be the primary liaison between business stakeholders and IT engineering teams. You will develop an intimate understanding, and anticipation, of the business's IT needs and requirements. You will manage the Corporate IT backlog - prioritising the delivery of IT services that best meet business requirements, and repriortising as business needs change. You will facilitate conversation between IT engineers and business stakeholders, clarifying requirements where there is ambiguity, and enabling the IT engineering teams to deliver highly valued services. You will work with engineering teams to plan the delivery of those services and will oversee development. You will identify tech strategies focused on outcomes not solutions which you can prioritize into deliverable goals. You will continually look at ways to reduce waste and to enhance the service you provide.
You will work transparently in all these things – updating stakeholders on delivery estimates, maintaining project documentation, building roadmaps to visualise delivery timelines, and, at all times, holding the Company’s needs to be of paramount importance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the Corporate IT Service Catalogue
- Accountable for defining, and meeting, Corporate IT Service Level Objectives
- Accountable (and Responsible) for taking Corporate IT projects through Exploration, Discovery and Inception, and Accountable for making the work ready for engineers to start Delivery
- Consulted on the delivery of Corporate IT projects
- Responsible for managing internal customers of Corporate IT Services
- Responsible for managing your service budget
- Managing backlogs and capturing and translating user needs into deliverables
- Accountable (and Responsible) for managing the priority of Corporate IT Deliverables
- An excellent understanding of Corporate IT Services relative to the “what” and not the “how”
- A good understanding of the common requirements that developers/users have for Corporate IT Services
- Experience developing long term vision and objectives; plus seeing them through until delivery
- Possess a naturally empathetic demeanor for your customers
- Ability to coach and lead teams in Agile and Lean practices
- Skilled in product management principles and approaches
- Experience in managing budgets and service lifecycles
- Experience of working in a high technology company, or other creative industry
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- Excellent customer management skills
- Extremely well organised
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment, and capable of refining large amounts of ambiguity into clarity, and of managing frequent changes in business priority (within an agile structure)
- Must be a gamer at heart
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.