IT Operations Specialist
14 days ago
We are looking for an IT Operations Specialist to join our Unity Technologies office based in Dublin.
You will be key in supporting and maintaining the IT hardware and software for our employees, as well as rolling out IT projects and much more. One of the big challenges we face is to optimally service and connect with the different Unity ofﬁces in the region – ensuring a proactive approach and timely delivery and execution.
You will represent the IT team in our Dublin ofﬁce and work with the manager for UK & Ireland IT Operations, who is based in Brighton, UK. This means being part of an international team, where you also tackle tasks on our global support tasks list. At the same time, you will attend to the very multifaceted task portfolio that comes with being one of four IT operations specialists supporting the ten(!) offices in the UK & Ireland.
What you’ll be doing
- Preparing computers and accounts for new starters ready for their first day
- Onboarding new staff, helping them get set up with their computer and accounts
- Providing in-person support to staff in Dublin, and remote help to staff worldwide
- Keeping users updated on the status of their requests, as well as the IT Operations Lead
- Identifying when a computer problem requires hardware repair or replacement, and handling the repair process end-to-end with the manufacturer or service provider
- Engaging with our computer and peripheral suppliers to get quotes, create purchase orders, place orders, take them in and maintain a stock of equipment in the Dublin office
- Preparing and shipping equipment to remote workers
What we’re looking for
- An IT related degree or relevant professional experience
- Experience with both macOS and Windows computers
- Experience in planning and carrying out projects
- Good problem solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Good at adapting to changes, delays and unexpected events
You might also have
- Experience with setting up and troubleshooting audio-visual equipment for meeting rooms
- A passion for creating and improving documentation and processes
- Good knowledge of networking and experience with network troubleshooting
- Experience with supporting events
- Up for socials, games and other fun!
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.