IT Operations Specialist
12 days ago
We are looking for an IT Operations Specialist to join our Unity Technologies office based in Dublin.
You will be key in supporting and maintaining the IT hardware and software for our employees, as well as rolling out IT projects and much more. One of the big challenges will be to effectively service and communicate with the different Unity ofﬁces in the region – ensuring a proactive approach and timely delivery and execution.
You will represent the IT team in our Dublin ofﬁce and report to the UK & Ireland IT Operations Lead in Brighton, UK. This means that you are part of an international team, where you also solve tasks on our global support tasks list. At the same time, you will attend to the extremely varied task portfolio that comes with being one of four IT operations specialists in the UK & Ireland
- Preparing computers and accounts for new starters ready for their first day
- Onboarding new staff on their first day, helping them get set up with their computer and accounts
- Providing in-person support to staff in Dublin, and remote support to staff worldwide
- Keeping users updated on the status of their requests, as well as the IT Operations Lead
- Identifying when a computer problem requires hardware repair or replacement, and handling the repair process end-to-end with the manufacturer or service provider
- Engaging with our computer and peripheral suppliers to get quotes, create purchase orders, place orders, take them in and maintain a stock of equipment in the Dublin office
- Preparing and shipping equipment to remote workers
- An IT related degree or relevant professional experience
- Experience with both macOS and Windows computers
- Experience in planning and executing projects
- Great problem solving skills and great communication skills both oral and written
- Good at adapting to changes, delays and unexpected events
- Experience with setting up and troubleshooting audio-visual equipment for meeting rooms
- A passion for creating and improving documentation and processes
- Good knowledge of networking and experience with network troubleshooting
This is a 1 year contract role.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.