IT Manager (onsite)
14 days ago
We have a state-of-the-art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour. We are looking for an onsite IT Manager to join and manage our team IT here at Climax Studios. This position requires a tenacious self-starter who enjoys problem-solving complex and difficult issues using a mixture of software and experience.
The role is studio-based with no remote working options and for this role we aren't able to offer visa sponsorship.
- Act as 1st point of contact for all IT issues.
- Offer 2nd level support on more complex tickets
- Support users with requests via the ticketing system, while keeping IT security at the forefront of every decision
- Replacing and maintaining hardware for user’s PC’s
- Maintaining the ticket system with regular updates
- Updating documentation of working practices
- Upgrade different types of hardware and software with minimal impact on users
- Setting up new user’s accounts and profiles
- Setting user's access requirements based on project policy
- Always maintain security with secure working practices
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Maintain accurately tracking of all licenses and subscriptions
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all assets
- Create accurate and correct documentation for ongoing policies and projects
- Ensure working practices align with agreed security documentation
- Troubleshoot any connection issue related to ingress connections
- Deal with 3rd party vendors to maintain the studio's hardware requirements
- Three years of experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of basic Network Protocols
- Knowledge of up-to-date hardware
- Experience of working in an O365 environment.
- Experience with Dell Server hardware and Layer 3 Network switches
- Knowledge of compatible hardware for upgrades and clean builds.
- Experience with Cloud based backup and recovery
- Hands-on knowledge of changing hardware
- Knowledge of IPSEC tunnels and VPNs
- Knowledge of DNS/DHCP/AD roles
- Knowledge of VLANs
- Experience with VM's
- OS experience - Windows Server 2019, 2022
- Experience with Windows 10 Pro & 11 Pro
- Strong problem-solving and resolution skills
- Ability to produce clear, concise, and accurate documentation and job notes
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours, when required.
- Experience in working in a development environment and configuring development equipment.
- Experience working with Slack & Atlassian is advantageous, but not essential
- Experience with VEEAM and VMWare
- Experience of Hyper-V
- Having their own transport
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience with Perforce
Qualities and attitude
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise and manage tasks
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Practical and concise communicator, both written and verbal
- Natural interest in IT with the desire to stay abreast of new solutions and technologies
Qualifications & training
- Educated to at least A Level or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation certificate is advantageous but not essential
- CompTIA A + is advantageous but not essential
- CompTIA N + is advantageous but not essential
- Group Private Medical Insurance provided by BUPA
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Eye-Care Vouchers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bring your doggo to work! We're a dog friendly studio, bring your pooch in to meet us.
- Bean to cup coffee machine in the studio.
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks provided daily, breakfast and some not so healthy snacks.
- In-house clubs and socials. From board games, tennis, football to D&D nights, there are lots of opportunities to socialise.
- Regular Socials including Project Wrap Parties, team and studio events, Christmas and annual Summer parties and soem great charity fundraising events.