This job might no longer be available.
Montreal QC ca
8 days ago
The IT Manager’s role is acting as key contact for each business area. Responsible of keeping excellent business relations with his business partners and ensuring the proper solutions will be delivered within its own team or functional stream of responsibility. They are also responsible of a projects/applications portfolio including request expertise, evolutions or new projects or products to be addressed within portfolio’s business scope and according to defined prioritizes for the different needs. The IT Manager closely follows up on-going projects and validates timeline, budget and deliverables are respected. They guarantee evolution capacities and global coherence of IT tools for the whole Ubisoft group. Therefore, they will have to come up with new ideas, be very thorough concerning any IT & technological innovations impacting his stream.
More precisely, the IT Manager for this team will manage these teams:
- Metal as a Service : Tools used by Ubisoft employees to deploy new metal servers across the world;
- Data as a Service : Build , manage and grow Ubisoft Data Centers across the world;
- Remote Hands team : Manage teams of Data Center technicians responsible for all manual intervention within Ubisoft Data Centers.
The main responsibilities of the IT Manager are to:
Client Relationship Management
- Always think and act with clients’ and end users’ satisfaction in mind
- Provide strategic counsel, visibility and consistent results to clients
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Define & Manage governance to ensure good communication with clients (regular meetings/steering committee, project management, Facilitates prioritization of activities with business champion)
- Remain up-to-date on clients reality and constraints (busy season, performance review, year-end process … )
- In charge of building an IT roadmap in scope with business champions and under the supervision of the IT Director
Project & Stream Management
- Organize project portfolio for his/her stream :
- Maintain project portfolio and roadmap based on clients’ strategy and team capabilities
- Maintain planning and insure appropriate staffing with the other IT Managers when using their resources
- In charge of maintaining the forecast related to her/his perimeter up-to-date
- Insure clients and teams have planning and portfolio visibility
- Meet deadlines and quality on project delivery, assess & manage risks, responsible for reporting with his/her management and steering committees
- IT Manger is responsible for the smooth delivery of his/ her portfolio management at operational level by his/her team
- Internal staff and external partner coordination
- Scoping & project scheduling (From business requirement / Scoping / Execution until knowledge transfer with our support team & Closing)
- Supervise deliverable completeness and quality on projects
- Identify and address risks on projects
- Depending on complexity or staffing situation, can act as Project Manager
- Manage a team to ensure smooth execution of IT strategy and clean roll out of projects
- Create an environment build on trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Lead by setting a good example (role model) - behavior consistent with words
- Encourage creativity, risk-taking, and constant improvement
- Contribute to team development, expertise evolution, anticipate future needs and proposes training accordingly
- Set objectives and evaluates team members
- Work with department and local management to mitigate team conflict and communication problems
- Communicate with IT Managers within the department or other IT departments according to project needs and specificities
- Insure administrative tasks such as time and absence validation & performance review
- Insure communication to and within team on projects planning, project staffing, corporate events and changes, IT changes within or out of company
- Participate in the recruiting process with the project team
Bachelors’ degree in Business, IT, Computer Science or any related field.
- 8-15 years in IT project management for a Business department;
- Management experience in a multicultural team’s environment and international scope.
- Good Leadership skills;
- Easily adaptable to changes. Encourage change and manage the implementation of new ideas;
- Good team and project management skills (Knowledge of PMI and/or Scrum methodologies);
- Excellent command in spoken & written English;
- French is an asset;
- Creative, curious and innovative: suggest system improvements and offer alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear;
- Ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts;
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently;
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and manage multiple concurrent projects;
- Responsible, organized, persevering and autonomous;
- Excellent interpersonal skills displaying effective communication and presentation capabilities.
- Possess a good understanding of technical capabilities;
- Knowledge on ITIL practices;
- Have a very good knowledge on the business areas;
- Thorough knowledge in his/her functional stream as well as a deep knowledge IT challenges when it’s dealing with tools implementation.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
The Global Network Service Team is seeking an IT Manager who can bring their expertise to life in our dynamic team of gaming & tech enthusiasts. If you are bold, driven and unafraid of pushing boundaries, we want you on our team.