13 days ago
Sago Mini is an award-winning publisher of preschool apps and toys worldwide. Supported by a team of artists, designers, developers, product managers, thinkers, and doers who are devoted to play. With over 75 million downloads, three subscription services, 40+ apps, and a line of physical toys, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for kids and parents worldwide.
About the role
The Sago Mini team is on the lookout for an experienced IT Manager who will be our go-to person for all things IT-related. You'll work onsite from our downtown Toronto office 4-5 days a week, providing IT support to a hybrid team of 90+ (and growing) teammates. If you get excited by helping people and want to work on products that you can be proud of, then we can't wait to hear from you.
You'll thrive in this role if you:
- Love working with Apple/Mac hardware/software and prefer working with cloud-hosted SaaS solutions.
- Get energized by building relationships with people and helping them solve technical problems.
- Align with the philosophy that IT's primary job is to enable people to do their best work.
- Love finding ways to minimize complexity and support experimentation.
- Proactively seek out problems instead of waiting for them to find you.
- Thrive in a startup-like environment that is regularly evolving and often requires you to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Appreciate that little details are a critical ingredient to making great experiences.
- Eager to work onsite at the Sago Mini HQ (downtown Toronto) 4-5 days/week, where you will support our hybrid team wherever they are working that day.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will cover:
- First point of contact for all IT support issues (desktop hardware/software, SaaS products, local office network, meeting room video conferencing, and more).
- Sourcing, purchasing, configuring and tracking the hardware/software used by our team.
- Managing our internal office network infrastructure (WiFi, switches, routers, firewalls, etc) and other IT hardware (hot desks, printers, VC equipment, office security systems, etc).
- Onboarding new teammates. Setting up their hardware, software, and accounts and showing them how everything works on their first day.
- Leading/implementing new IT initiatives that help us work more efficiently.
- Creating easy-to-understand IT documentation that lets our team solve problems for themselves.
- Hiring, managing and mentoring interns/co-op's/part-time staff who will help you support our team's day-to-day IT needs.
- Manage the relationships with our technology partners and vendors.
- Support our Director of Engineering (your manager) in defining our IT best practices, project priorities, and the yearly budget.
- Collaborate with your IT counterparts at our other Digital Game Studios/parent company on shared IT initiatives.
Some of the qualifications and skills we are looking for include:
- Previous experience leading IT initiatives at a small/medium-sized company (50 - 200 people). Bonus points if you've previously worked at a growing startup and enjoyed it.
- Extensive experience supporting Apple/Mac hardware/software.
- Comfortable with SaaS office productivity tools like Google Workspace, Slack, Asana, and Dropbox. Bonus points if you are also familiar with tools typically used to build software products/mobile apps (AWS, GCP, GitHub, JIRA, IDEs, App stores, etc).
- Basic networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc) and familiarity with network hardware that is typically found in mid-size offices.
- While a degree in IT is helpful, a resume full of practical experience is more important.
About our interview process:
- Once you apply, you'll receive an email from us confirming that we've received your application. After we've had a chance to review your application (1-2 weeks), we'll reach out to let you know what the next steps are.
- If you are moving ahead, your first interview will be a 30min interview where we'll learn more about you and answer any questions you have about the role.
- Your second interview will be a short take-home assignment which will help us better understand your level of skill.
- Your third interview will be a 1.5hr technical interview where we will explore your technical experiences through questions/answers and a live exercise.
- Your fourth and final interview will have you meet with a cross-functional group of Sago Mini members for 1hr. You'll discuss your past experience and let us know what you're excited to tackle next in your career.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Based in Toronto, Sago Mini is a subsidiary of Toca Boca, the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Both companies are part of Spin Master Corp., a global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.