Madison, Wisconsin, United States
6 months ago
PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster battle royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, PUBG Corp. has six operational offices globally across North America, Europe, and Asia.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, solution-oriented professionals, who are decisive and aren’t afraid to experiment. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games and in particular PUBG. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who question the status quo.
PUBG Corporation seeks a veteran software engineer to plan, deploy, and maintain the diverse development infrastructure at our Madison, WI office. We are a small, multi-disciplinary team creating map and game content for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, as well as supporting various development units at the company.
- Serve as the primary IT administrator on-site, providing front-line hardware and software support for the office
- Plan and execute network, workstation, and server builds and upgrades to keep the team working as effectively and efficiently as possible on the best systems available
- Work with stakeholders company-wide to improve workflows and proactively solve development bottle-necks
- Help manage and optimize the day-to-day operations of our office, including premises, A/V, furniture, and deliveries.
Skills & Requirements:
- Talented troubleshooter with experience administering a Windows user environment
- Experience with networking (e.g. packet analysis, routing protocols) and network setup and monitoring including firewall and VPN configuration
- Knowledge of Linux server systems, including AWS.
- Some experience with programming and/or scripting language (e.g. Go, Python, Java, Ruby, Rust)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies, chat-ops, etc.
- Knowledge of Source Control Management systems like Git and Perforce
- Perforce Edge Server Management and Replication
- Enterprise and domain-based PC Management
- Experience with Synology
- Scripting experience to mirror files across geographically distributed offices
- VPN setup and management
- Unifi / Ubiquity experience
- Interest in video games and the gaming industry
- Strong communication skills and level head under pressure
- Capable of installing and managing different PCs, equipment, etc.
Following is a plus:
- C++ 11 coding experience in the video game industry
- Familiar with PUBG
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar
- Has successfully worked on a PC title (TPP or shooter)
- Korean language fluency
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Competitive amount of Paid Time Off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Video Game Budget of $300/year
- Tasty catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free parking downtown Madison, WI
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and events throughout the year
Don’t forget to include a resume, cover letter, references, work samples (and/or GitHub) and anything else you’d like to create to help us understand why you’re the best candidate for this position! In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.