IT Manager - Local IT [Operations]
12 days ago
Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio is looking for an IT Manager to join our Operations team and support the studio growth.
About the position
In order to deliver great games, we need the best support organization that ensures that everything is working flawlessly. The IT Manager is responsible for the quality of service at Massive and will plan, lead and be involved in all IT topics.
In this position you will oversee, and continuously develop, all IT support and operational tasks related to the site, such as meeting rooms, team movement, inventory management and request follow-up and is responsible for the budget and purchases of hardware and software.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
As the IT Manager, you are responsible for ensuring world class Support Service Quality for our site in Malmö. You must oversee all operational tasks related to the site, while continuously develop our way of working, our technical set up in our meeting rooms and coordinate our IT strategy with HQ. You are fully involved in the operational tasks and coach our IT specialists in developing in their roles and help the project stakeholders with their need to succeed.
You will also:
- Manage the Local IT team (3 direct reports and their teams), creating a collaborative working environment, reporting hierarchically to the COO and functionally to the Local IT Area Manager
- Gather feedback and requirements from representatives of all projects to make sure support is in line with expectations
- Oversee the customer request distribution within the Local IT team of the site
- Validate Support Request SLA follow-up for this site
- Ensure Software and Hardware inventory follow-up as well as a good functioning configuration of all meeting rooms
- Validate that all request performed by the team and follow Security Best Practices
- Be the technical and managerial escalation level for Massive
- Create the budget and handle purchases of IT equipment and services
- Must be able to perform all the tasks of an IT technician
- On-site support to end users
- Manage local infrastructure
- Actively identify potential improvements
- Support local events
You as a person
We are looking for someone that is very service minded and has worked extensively in IT support, and as a leader. You should have a relevant College diploma in Information Technology or equivalent experience and strong leadership skills. You are very flexible and have a problem-solving approach. You should be autonomous and good at taking initiatives.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience in developing, leading and managing IT teams, preferably in companies with more than 500 employees and international environments
- Very strong communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- Possess a scientific, pragmatic and yet flexible approach
- Ability to work well in teams, to cooperate and communicate with individuals and stakeholders from various backgrounds and hierarchical levels
- Good management and organizational skills
- Easily able to adapt to changing conditions in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in PC and laptop support and latest hardware news
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and the Microsoft Office suite
- Good knowledge of printing materials, networking, cabling, SCCM, Active Directory
- Linux knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of multimedia equipment, Mac OS X, ITIL, Agile methodologies, Scripting ability (batch files, VBScript, PowerShell) is a plus
- MCSE, MCSA or MCP certification is an asset
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.