IT Infrastructure Engineer
11 days ago
IT Infrastructure Engineer, reporting to the Network and Security Manager, is a back end comms and infrastructure role in the IT department.
This position involves researching, building and maintaining our IT infrastructure. The IT Infrastructure Engineer will be proficient in various disciplines of IT, such as firewalls, networking, storage and security.
They will apply their skills across these areas to ensure high standards of network health, performance and redundancy.
The ideal candidate will have skills in Aruba or Cisco switches, Palo Alto or Sonicwall firewalls, an understanding of HPE Nimble Storage systems and VMWare.
- Administer and work with all aspects of our IT infrastructure.
- Manage our servers across multiple platforms (Windows, Ubuntu, RHEL, AWS Linux).
- Research and engineer our infrastructure to support our business as we scale.
- Help manage the studio’s backup strategy and integrity.
- Troubleshoot network-related issues and implement solutions.
- Collaborate with management and other departments to implement infrastructure that supports our pipeline.
- Support the wider IT support team with end-user issues and tasks, as escalated.
- Document and maintain internal IT procedures.
- Ability to work full-time, ideally based in Edinburgh but could be remote.
- Proven track record working with various aspects of IT infrastructure in a hands on capacity.
- Proven ability to manage network hardware such as switches and firewalls.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in English (both written and spoken).
- Substantial experience with Windows and Linux server administration.
- Experience working with storage technology (SAN and replication).
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (Office 365, Azure and AWS) is a plus.
- Exposure to Perforce or other version control software is a plus.
- Flexibility to work out of hours to meet the operational needs of the business.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh and Budapest and are happy to sponsor your relocation to one of these cities. If you apply from outside of our hiring territory, we also consider WFH candidates from the UK, Hungary, France and the Netherlands in Europe; California and Washington states in the US; and from Québec in Canada.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.