IT Helpdesk Technician
29 days ago
IT Helpdesk Technician
IT Infrastructure Manager
Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry.
Established in 1998 and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 50 studios located across Europe, North America, South America and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue-chip client base in more than 20 countries. We have a strong market position, providing services to 23 of the top 25 most prominent games companies. With over 5,000 passionate gaming employees around the world, we provide services to video game developers and publishers alike.
The IT Helpdesk Technician is a highly technical role committed to achieving the highest standards of IT services in line with business requirements and the local IT team objectives.
The IT Helpdesk Technician will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality IT Operations in support of the business as well as supporting the delivery of strategic IT initiatives. The successful candidate will develop IT skills and expertise to provide technically knowledgeable, proactive solutions in support of local business activities.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in the IT industry to expand their knowledge and join a collaborative, multi-cultural team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Regional IT Team and IT Infrastructure Manager to support all aspects of the business
- Point of contact for UK local and remote employees, for all IT service-related matters
- Work with the IT Ticket system to ensure users requests are handled within the adequate time
- Onboarding new staff and ensuring their equipment is operational
- Work alongside IT System Administrators to support the local office and wider area
- Maintaining existing Asset Management System
- Keeping systems up to date & current
- Performing periodic inventory consistency checks
- Forecasting & estimation of hardware needs for staff
- Ordering and replacing hardware (RMA)
- Troubleshooting software and hardware
- Training end users on systems and processes
- Ad-hoc consultancy & project involvement
- Maintaining & creating existing documentation on platforms and systems
- Evaluating & implementing new technology solutions for the above services
- Reporting to Management
- Other assigned tasks
The area of work and/or specific responsibilities may be altered from time to time by the Company, consistent with your position, as the circumstances of the business dictate.
Skills and experience required
- Technical background in IT Systems
- Experience with different gaming platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Desktop and Server products
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in Office 365
- Strong, proven interest in technologies
- Technical knowledge of the Microsoft Stack, Windows Server, Windows Networking, Active Directory
- Understanding of Firewalls and Gateways (Palo Alto preferred)
- Understanding of VPN tunnelling, IPSEC (site-to-site, point-to-site)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in the video games industry
- Adaptable to flexible working hours
Experience with switching
- Team player
- Client focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, can-do, attitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to use good judgment to prioritize tasks
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
Healthcare cover, Cyclescheme, Tech-scheme, Employee Assistance Programme.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.