This job might no longer be available.
IT Events Desktop Support Specialist, Leagues
3 months ago
ApplyBlizzard Entertainment is seeking a high performing desktop support specialist to join the Activision Blizzard League IT Events team. You’ll be joining a technical team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers The Overwatch League and Call of Duty League across US and Global locations.
Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills, and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences at every event. As a Desktop Support Specialist in this role, you will be deploying and managing stage systems, including PCs and Sony Playstations at each venue and helping support the main event, working closely with Production and the League to deliver high quality shows. Excellent troubleshooting skills, collaboration skills and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical.
*This is a remote position and will require 70-80% travel during the 26-28-weekend League seasons.*
- Provide on-site support to end users on a variety of IT desktop & IT operational related issues
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems during setup and execution of an event
- Provide IT stage support for our various esports programs and stages
- Front line support for technical issues during event execution
- Ability to evaluate event objectives and scope to establish proper technical requirements to support
- Travel to event locations to ensure flawless execution, both domestic and international when applicable
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Ability to manage and work in conjunction with 3rd party outsource staff
- Receives and works escalated issues from other desktop staff and/or manager
- Manage ticket request and follow-up with users
- Manage and administrator current and next generation consoles (Playstation, Xbox)
- Install and maintain Windows and Mac operating systems (OS)
- Troubleshoot various types of PC, laptop, or tablet hardware
- Pack and palletize hardware to ship to and from events
- Inventory tracking when receiving and shipping hardware to and from events
- Work with applicable ticketing or work tracking systems such as JIRA, Confluence, or Service Now
- Extensive hardware experience (ability to build, diagnose, and repair computers; strong troubleshooting skills)
- Strong experience supporting a variety of software, (Adobe CC, Microsoft Office 365, Cisco AnyConnect, System Drivers)
- Advanced knowledge of installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows 7, 10 and Apple OSX. Experience with Windows Server technologies a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of PSN and Xbox Live network
- Intermediate knowledge of network technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Intermediate knowledge of MDT (Image creation and deployment, multiple images)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate and present complex issues and analyses in an effective manner
- Reliability and dependability
- "Can do" attitude
- Self-managed / Self Starter
- Team Player
- Experience working with SPRINT and Agile methods
- Flex working schedules, (Can include evenings and weekends)
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Ability (and willingness) to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks/projects
- Strong sense of urgency and business orientation
- Works well under pressure
- Outstanding attendance and schedule adherence
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Work overtime
- Able to commute to local events as needed
- Passion for gaming
- Experience running Esports events.