5 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50(for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who We’re Looking For:
You’re ready to take the next step in your IT career - to a fast-moving, successful company building out their next-generation IT infrastructure! You love to build tools and share your expertise with other engineers, accelerating their work on game-changing ideas. You consider yourself a hacker and a technologist, passionate about IT infrastructure and automation... with your attention to detail and insistence on doing things correctly, you know you can make a big impact on a small team!
What You’ll Do:
- Day to day upkeep of Gsuite
- Serve as the first point of contact for support of all end-user issues
- Prioritize and fulfill incoming IT requests
- Onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Assist with Slack change requests
- Troubleshooting various computer, software & network issues
- Assist in upkeep and maintenance of network infrastructure and security
- Assist the IT manager in rolling out new technologies
- Assist in implementing and maintaining MDM and VOIP solutions
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years of work experience in IT or another related field
- Customer service oriented
- Experience with desktop or laptop support
- Excellent troubleshooting / critical thinking skills
- Experience with Macs
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and basic network troubleshooting
- Gsuite or Office 365 management is a plus
- Experience with Windows server is a plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .